Looking Back

2007
2007 started off with a fizzle. I made a deposit or two early on and blew through it. In February I made a deposit of about 50. Lost 30 of it really quickly, but then was hit with the deck and ran that final 20 to about 400. I funded a few people's account in exchange for cash. Then my luck ran out. And I play poker poorly. I ran out of cash about 1/2 through the year. I through in a few more deposits and always quickly went busto. It was a rude awakening to my poker game. But something I hope to learn from. Since than, I've been playing infrequently. Basically, only when I get $3.00 from Rakeback or Affiliates. Or my buddy feels generous and backs me in the Mookie. He has yet to make any money backing me. And my play with the little affilliate money is abysmal. I haven't had the patience to play micro limits with $0 bankroll.
As for live play. That's been only marginally better. The not-so-monthy home game was good to me in the beginning of the year. I usually took down at least one tournament at each one. The new home game, has not been so nice. I've only been to two of them. I haven't cashed in the tournaments, and the cash games I've pretty much broke even. Foxwoods has been a mixed bag as well. Posting both wins and losses. I'm probably about even for Foxwoods, maybe even a little ahead. But that just might be wishful thinking.
I read a few poker books in 2007: Super System 2 (NLHE section) and Navarro's Read 'em and Reap, and Harrington Vol 1. All are excellent books and I suggest picking them up. The problem for me is retention and I will definitely need to read them a few times.
Basically, I felt like my game was stagnant in 2007. I see a few leaks that I need to plug, and I hope I'm able to really improve my game in 2008.
-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: