My Goal and Donations

I've added a button on my site to facilitate my trip. This is for donations. I don't really expect any, but I want to make sure I'm doing anything and everything I can to to get there. Any amount, no matter the size, is appreciated.
--Breakdown--
I'm still working on a goal amount. The plan is a 3-4 day weekend, around the a blogger event. I'd prefer the December event for two reasons:
1) more time to save
2) more time to focus on meeting and hanging out with bloggers (since a summer event usually is in the middle of the WSOP.

The goal amount, basically include airfare and hotel, food/drinks and gambling. I'm thinking, originally my thinking was $5000, but that's just a first number with no real research or input. Now I have yet to do any real research yet, but in talking with people, that's probably a bit high for 3-4 days.

$3000 might be a little closer to reality and probably even $2000. The biggest issue is that I don't want to get out there and have only a few bucks for gambling. So I want to be able to have at least $1000 strictly earmarked for gambling. Now I'm not a degenerate gambling and I don't really play table games, I mostly stick with poker, with such a large group of people, I'm sure I'll be "talked" into some PaiGow and Craps.

So that is my rough draft of a plan. I put it on the side, but again, if I'm falling way short of my goal by the time October rolls around, I will withdraw any donations and add that to my Foxwoods bankroll to try to get there in December. Again, it's the thoughts that count. Any amount is appreciated.

0 comments: