OK, OK, I still play bad.

I want to win a blogger event, so I played in last night's Riverchasers event. And by "played" I mean sucked! I played a LAP style. Loose and Passive. I limped in with such crap and was constantly folding. I threw in a continuation bet, but it never got respect. To the point where everyone knew that if I bet, on the flop, to re-raise me and I'd fold. It was bad, bad play. I busted 50th out of 59.

During thte tournament, I decided to play a few 11+1 Turbo SnGs. I don't mind my play in them, but that's only because I had no playable hands. In one I went out in 9th, when I pushed my QQ into AA. I don't mind it, but it bothers me that I felt like he had AA. One guy bet out, I raised, the guy with AA re-reraised, and the original bettor folded. I had a feeling this guy had AA. So I just called. Honestly, I was hoping for an A or a K to hit the board to release this. But in a turbo format, you have to play your big hands. The flop was J high and I was first to act. I pushed hoping he had Ax, but knowing it was unlikely and he called.

The other SnGs I never got playable hands and had to push with marginal hands. That's how it goes.

After busting out of Riverchasers, I opened up a .10/.25 Short-handed table. I was playing tight. I bought in for $10, and folded to about $6.50. When I got AA UTG. I raised to $.85, the player to my right re-raised to $2.25, it folded back to me- I min raised $4.50, he pushed, I called. He had QQ. I doubled up. The very next hand in the BB I'm dealt AA again, unfortunately it folds to me and I get a walk. The next hand, in the SB, I get 9Ts. There's a limper, I called and BB checks (he was the guy with QQ). Flop comes 996. I bet, he re-pops me, limper folds, and I push. He calls showing the 96. I'm busto.

In the end, I go from $187 to about $130. It looks like I'm back down a SnG level to the 6.50 SnGs and lower. I'll probably stick with the .10/.25 game, only because I REALLY hate the .05/.10.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: