The Key to My Game

I have yet to put up a goals/resolutions post, but I intend to. Eventually. Probably by December. At least I'll know if I was successful at keeping them.

One of them will be to re-learn patience. Something my game is terribly lacking. [creepy voice in your head] IF YOU HAVE PATIENCE, THEY WILL COME [/creepy voice in your head]

As I type, I'm busting out of SnG's left right and center. But another table I'm sitting in a .10/.25 short handed NL table. I started off mixing it up a bit, but started to get low. I had about $5 left and I get dealt 6d3d in the SB. A limper or two and I just call. BB checks.

The flop is 3Q6. Woot. One guy bets out, I push he calls. He shows QJ. I'm praying *and I'm an athiest- hey it worked for Jerry Yang* that board doesn't pair. The board pairs on the Turn. But it pairs the 6 and I'm back in it.

OK, that didn't show patience but it got me some chips. A few hands later I'm dealt KK. I double up again. I then get pretty tight and just wait for some hands. And they come... slowly, but they do come. In the end I broke even for the morning, using my cash game to make up for my lost SnGs (i'll discuss patience in one of those in a second.)

Patience helps, but so does having idiots at your table.

I made a horrible play here, I think.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4744815429: Table Gatewood (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:38:44 ET - 2008/01/05
Seat 1: Unimpressed ($20.30)
Seat 2: BerkshireBlaze ($24.95)
Seat 3: JunioriL ($27.90)
Seat 4: mervha ($25.10)
Seat 5: Mr_Colt72 ($15)
Seat 6: lumpi_lumpi ($24.75)
mervha posts the small blind of $0.10
Mr_Colt72 posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [As Qc]
lumpi_lumpi folds
Unimpressed raises to $1
BerkshireBlaze folds
JunioriL calls $1
mervha raises to $1.75
Mr_Colt72 folds
Unimpressed calls $0.75
JunioriL calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [3h 2s 3d]
mervha bets $0.25 -yes that's .25 into a $5.50 pot-
Unimpressed calls $0.25 -duh call here, that's odds to hitting anything.
JunioriL calls $0.25
*** TURN *** [3h 2s 3d] [Qd] -Good I hit.
mervha bets $0.25
Unimpressed calls $0.25
JunioriL raises to $0.50 -screams weak since he's on the button.
mervha raises to $8.25 -to me, especially after that fact, this seems dangerous. Not quads, but possibly a set of 2s or set of Qs (though unlikely since I have one), but possibly, with the preflop raise this could be Aces or even Ks. Raised with them, then slowplayed them when the flop is likely to miss everyone. Then the flush draw appears and pushes stronger. Ultimitely I decide that, for whatever reason, he didn't like the Button min-raising and figured him for nothing or he had a flush draw.
Unimpressed raises to $18.30, and is all in -if I'm right I'll take it down, if I"m wrong, uh-oh.
JunioriL folds -thought so.
mervha calls $10.05 -RUH ROH! "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"
Unimpressed shows [As Qc]
mervha shows [Ks 5s] -Um... huh???
*** RIVER *** [3h 2s 3d Qd] [8d] -Glad he didn't have the flush draw.
Unimpressed shows two pair, Queens and Threes
mervha shows a pair of Threes
Unimpressed wins the pot ($41.20) with two pair, Queens and Threes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $43.35 Rake $2.15
Board: [3h 2s 3d Qd 8d]
Seat 1: Unimpressed showed [As Qc] and won ($41.20) with two pair, Queens and Threes
Seat 2: BerkshireBlaze didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: JunioriL (button) folded on the Turn
Seat 4: mervha (small blind) showed [Ks 5s] and lost with a pair of Threes
Seat 5: Mr_Colt72 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: lumpi_lumpi didn't bet (folded)

So it helps to have an idiot at your table, especially if you are a donkey.



In the last SnG I played it was a 6 handed turbo. I got extremely short stacked (AK vs A8 and guy hit his 8) and then started on a comeback (A5 vs A9, I hit my 5). Then I hit a set of 6s against top pair. I was proud of my patience. I then proceed to, two hands later, donk it all of when I called a raise with AJ, missed the flop, pushed and ran into Kings.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: