A Roller Coaster

Played in a lot of tournaments tonight.
Katitude's Donkament
$75 Token Frenzy
$28,000 Guaranteed
$26 Token Frenzy

I'm down for the night if you count them all, but I did use a token to enter the 28k.

The $75 Token tournament, I made a poor move when, I had plenty of chips to wait for a hand, but in the big blind I had a 3 in my hand. flop came A3A. There wasn't much action. Turn was a J and the river was a 2. In the end i tried to make a big hero call (had done it earlier in the 28k), but he had an ace. I lost a good amount of chips and couldn't regain any footing.

The $26 Token tourney, I don't even remember what happened there. I think with both Token tournaments, I stopped playing them like a super sattelite and chose not to wait for big hands, even when I could.

The 28k, well, that was fun. I managed to go deep. 1403 and I finished 416. I got super lucky early on with this hand.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4911647690: $28,000 Guarantee (36637157), Table 6 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:10:59 ET - 2008/01/18
Seat 1: angiesman10 (8,433)
Seat 2: Archable (1,519)
Seat 3: kalterrell (4,410)
Seat 4: Unimpressed (4,581)
Seat 5: oceansbluetwou (4,170)
Seat 6: Anniebets (4,235)
Seat 7: Bennat75 (8,181), is sitting out
Seat 8: GR sucks (2,956)
Seat 9: jwerk (6,695)
kalterrell posts the small blind of 60
Unimpressed posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [5s 5d]
oceansbluetwou folds
Anniebets folds
Bennat75 folds
GR sucks folds
jwerk raises to 360
angiesman10 folds
Archable folds
kalterrell folds
Unimpressed calls 240
*** FLOP *** [Jc Js 4h]
Unimpressed checks
jwerk bets 400
Unimpressed raises to 1,560n - I put him on a steal attempt for some reason.
jwerk has 15 seconds left to act
jwerk has requested TIME
jwerk calls 1,160
*** TURN *** [Jc Js 4h] [3s]
Unimpressed bets 2,661, and is all in - decided to go with my read.
jwerk calls 2,661
Unimpressed shows [5s 5d]
jwerk shows [Jd Kh] - Started to think I my read was wrong (this is a reoccurring theme tonight)
*** RIVER *** [Jc Js 4h 3s] [5c] - Given a reprieve.
Unimpressed shows a full house, Fives full of Jacks
jwerk shows three of a kind, Jacks
Unimpressed wins the pot (9,222) with a full house, Fives full of Jacks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9,222 Rake 0
Board: [Jc Js 4h 3s 5c]
Seat 1: angiesman10 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Archable (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: kalterrell (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Unimpressed (big blind) showed [5s 5d] and won (9,222) with a full house, Fives full of Jacks
Seat 5: oceansbluetwou didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Anniebets didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Bennat75 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: GR sucks didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: jwerk showed [Jd Kh] and lost with three of a kind, Jacks

I then started to change my play there. I had enough chips to not go nuts. I stay around the 9k mark, until my final hand.

I had Q8 in a blind. The flop comes, I believe 8Tx, no betting the flop, a Q comes on the turn giving me two pair. We get it all in and my opponent shows T8, but rivers a T for a boat. Too bad, I was feeling good too.

Must of my focus was on Katitudes Donakament. I won this a few months back and wanted to do well. I started off OK, but then had to re-buy. In the end, I rebought 5 times (for a total investment of $7.00). The rebuy period ended and I was 2nd or 3rd in chips. I chose not to add on.

I made it to the final table with a decent stack (in re-buys there is a lot of play towards the end). However, I lose some pots and I'm down to about 10k with 6 people left.

I find KQ UTG and put in a raise to $3,400.
It folds to Fishiswa who pushes all in for 27k.
I think for a few moments, but then decide, if he's pushing when an UTG raises, I'm dead.
He said he pushed because he figured I was pot-committed, and he had AA. Good laydown Unimpressed.

Still 6 handed, a few minutes later. Prior to this there is a LOT of button/cutoff raising to steal blinds. My big blind is constantly being stolen.

Seat 1: MiamiDon (14,783)
Seat 2: Fishiswa (29,723)
Seat 3: BuddyDank (23,883)
Seat 4: Unimpressed (15,930)
Seat 5: surflexus (26,096)
Seat 9: Joshuacarlsen (63,085)
MiamiDon antes 100
Fishiswa antes 100
BuddyDank antes 100
Unimpressed antes 100
surflexus antes 100
Joshuacarlsen antes 100
BuddyDank posts the small blind of 400
Unimpressed posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [Ad 3d]
surflexus folds
Joshuacarlsen folds
MiamiDon raises to 2,200 - I'm tried of my blinds being stolen and figured he's on a steal. He needs chips.
Fishiswa folds
BuddyDank folds
Unimpressed calls 1,400 - No need to go nuts, let's try to hit a flop.
*** FLOP *** [Qd Ah 3s] - DING, DING, DING!
Unimpressed checks
MiamiDon bets 3,200
Unimpressed raises to 6,400 - Let's see if he's just continuation betting. I've got to be good
MiamiDon: damn
MiamiDon: ggl
MiamiDon has 15 seconds left to act
MiamiDon raises to 12,483, and is all in - Excellent, please don't have AQ, please don't have AQ.
Unimpressed calls 6,083
MiamiDon shows [As 7s] - Guess he wasn't on a steal. Another wrong read.
Unimpressed shows [Ad 3d]
*** TURN *** [Qd Ah 3s] [5s] - RUH ROH!
*** RIVER *** [Qd Ah 3s 5s] [3c] - Whew!
MiamiDon shows two pair, Aces and Threes
Unimpressed shows a full house, Threes full of Aces
Unimpressed wins the pot (30,366) with a full house, Threes full of Aces
MiamiDon stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 30,366 Rake 0
Board: [Qd Ah 3s 5s 3c]
Seat 1: MiamiDon showed [As 7s] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 2: Fishiswa (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: BuddyDank (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Unimpressed (big blind) showed [Ad 3d] and won (30,366) with a full house, Threes full of Aces
Seat 5: surflexus folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Joshuacarlsen folded before the Flop

This was a weird hand, badly play by me.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4912022430: Friday Nite Blogger Donkament (36631720), Table 3 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:45:18 ET - 2008/01/18
Seat 2: Fishiswa (45,298)
Seat 3: BuddyDank (36,916)
Seat 4: Unimpressed (32,088)
Seat 5: surflexus (17,221)
Seat 9: Joshuacarlsen (41,977)
Fishiswa antes 125
BuddyDank antes 125
Unimpressed antes 125
surflexus antes 125
Joshuacarlsen antes 125
Unimpressed posts the small blind of 500
surflexus posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [Js Td]
Joshuacarlsen folds
Fishiswa folds
BuddyDank folds
Unimpressed calls 500
surflexus checks
*** FLOP *** [8s 9h Jd]
Unimpressed checks
surflexus checks
*** TURN *** [8s 9h Jd] [Kd]
Unimpressed checks
surflexus checks
*** RIVER *** [8s 9h Jd Kd] [7d] - I believe at this point, I took my beat that knocked me out of the 28k, so I was annoyed. I didn't even see the straight.
Unimpressed checks
surflexus bets 2,000
Unimpressed calls 2,000 - I suddenly see the straight and quickly, without thinking much, I call. I probably should have put in a raise, but there was the chance that he hit his flush since there was no action after the flop and turn. I don't think I would have folded, and I probably could have gotten more chips.
*** SHOW DOWN ***
surflexus shows [7s 9s] two pair, Nines and Sevens
Unimpressed shows [Js Td] a straight, Jack high
Unimpressed wins the pot (6,625) with a straight, Jack high

I busted Joshuacarlsen when I pushed (and it was a big push despite being 2nd short stack) from the button with A4. Joshuacarlsen, in the BB quickly calls and shows A7. I flop a 4 and bust him.

In the final hand, I have one more instance of BAD read.

Blinds are 800/1600/200.

In the BB I have 9sTc
Fishiswa, the big stack and very aggressive raises to 4800 from the button.
To defend my blind I call.
Flop comes Qc-8c-3d. I flop a gutshot.
Fishiswa bets out 9,600. - I'm figuring he's missed and is trying to be a big stack bully, so I push back at him.
Once again, I'm wrong and he flips over QJ for top pair. I don't hit my gutshot and I go home in third.

Fishiswa has a huge stack and eventually finishes off BuddyDank.

I make a small amount on the tournamnet. From a cash bankroll point of view I made a *small* profit, but I lose a token which brings the overall to a loss.

Kat's Donkament is a lot of fun, especially early in the re-buy period. Overall, I had fun playing poker.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

1 comments:

Anonymous 3/26/2008 7:54 AM

Nice play. I found the hand is easier to follow like this:

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/2963

You can embed the visual right in your posts so that it's easier to understand.