I Play GOOT!

If Goot means piss poor. I'll have to look that up.

Playing this morning, a bit high, but I wanted to try to build a bit quicker. So $40 at a .50/1.00 NLHE short handed table. I fold the first few hands, then get dealt A7 off on the button. On limper, I raise to $3. Big Blind calls (he's multi-tabling 4 tables) as does the limper (he's seen every flop so far, but I haven't been playing long enough to determine if he's tight or getting OK starting hands). Flop comes Ace high, two diamonds. It checks to me. I bet $7 into $9.50. The BB calls but the limper folds. The turn is a 10d. Suddenly the BB bets about 2/3 the pot. I push (STUPID) and he calls (my raise was not enough to make him fold). Seriously, what would he call on the flop and bet out on the turn? A steal? Not as likely when he's multitabling and a big stack. That's usually an indication that's he's playing rather solid, if not ABC poker. I'm not surprised when he shows AT for 2 pair. I make such a stupid play that I figure I'm drawing dead. When a diamond comes on the river, I can clearly see 4 diamonds, a quick check shows he has none, but my 7 is a diamond, giving me a flush. I more than double up.

With that poor play I decide to finish my orbit (which included being dealt QQ and winning the blinds + a limp). I cash out, and get ready for work having increased my bankroll by 50%.

I'm hoping that was a one time thing and my poor play at that level means I need to ease back into it. I'll probably stick with the .10/.25, MAYBE .25/.50 for the time being. Patience is the key!

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: