An Unimpressive Weight Loss Challenge.

I'm a big, but can wear baggie clothes to hide it. I'm 6'1" and in general, I have a big frame. But there's no way around it. Like most Americans, I'm overweight. I'm roughly around 245. Weight Watchers says someone my height should be 180. I disagree with this, and not because I'm 245. For someone with my build, 180 would look sickly. However, I do think something closer to 200 would be better.

Last year, as some of you (by you I mean the one reader I have, probably someone who just googled "poker playlists") know, I tried a diet last year. I started out at 248 and got down as low as 225. But then I hit the snag where dieting, alone wasn't working, and I hate the gym and to excersize, in general. I tried jogging a few months back, but HATED IT! And as you can see by my current weight, I've put most of it back on.

What I'm thinking about, is, as an added incentive, turning this into a prop bet (similar to this guy and this guy). Basically, starting, Jan 1st, I plan on trying to lose 40 pounds (get to 205). I was originally going to do a straight year, where on Jan 1st 2009 I have to weight 205 or less. But as I'm not rich or confident that I can do this, I can't bet a lot of money, so I don't think anyone would want to weight a year to win a few bucks.

Now what I want to know, is how many people would be interested? This is not binding yet. I want to see how much interest and, well, if I even have any readers. But I want to know, if you'd be interested in the prop bets and what kind. Say 205lbs in 9 months, or have to be 205 on January 1st (which is probably harder since we have to make it through the holidays.

1 comments:

Unknown 12/13/2007 4:35 PM

Hey Joe,

You've got at least one reader :). It's frksho here.

I could stand to lose some weight, too. It looks like were about the same size. I'm about 6'2" and 245. Maybe we could have a bet as to who drops the most weight. My main email address is eoyount (at) gmail (dot) com

frksho