WSOP and the Summer

Well, after my last post, it's pretty clear that I have no readers, but I'll keep plugging away. Maybe eventually there will be readers. And they'll want to have access to all my wit and knowledge.

My goal f0r 2007: Attend a blogger event in Las Vegas.

Problems: I'm broke. I don't just mean my poker bankroll, in life. I really can't afford it. For a nice long weekend at a blogger event, I'm planning on needing about $5,000. That will include airfare and hotel, food, drinks, spending money. That number could be high or low, I'm not sure. How to do this? I have no idea. As my current poker bankroll is $0.00. That's not true. I have $11. Slappy transferred me money for the Mookie, but I was too tired to play last night. Next week. If I do win, I owe him half.

What it comes down to is that I'm going to have to win some kind of tournament. I need to start to develop a bankroll and take down a 24k guarantee or something.

I am jonesin' for Vegas.

4 comments:

gadzooks64 12/13/2007 2:52 PM

Deeeeeewd!

WTF?

I was in Vegas for a week last year during the Summer Blogger thing. Air and hotel for the week were about $500.

I brought $1500 for poker. More would have been better but it was plenty for my needs.

I think you need to rethink the $5k number. It can be done for significantly less.

Anonymous 12/13/2007 6:50 PM

$5k. Sounds like you do Vegas like I usually do.

If you go for a week I would break it down as follows:

Hotel: $1000 conservatively. You can always stay at the Orleans or similar for cheaper.

Airfare: $400

Food and Drink. Well, if you are not on the weight loss thig maybe more. hahahhaha I would say around $300.

Fun and gambling $1k - $2k

Anonymous 12/13/2007 6:52 PM

And I will put up $50 for some kind of weight loss bet. You have to come to wsop '08 though.

Unknown 12/14/2007 10:07 AM

I'm moving this comment here, since I posted it to an older post:

I could stand to lose some weight, too. It looks like were about the same size. I'm about 6'2" and 245. Maybe we could have a bet as to who drops the most weight. My main email address is eoyount (at) gmail (dot) com

frksho