Las Vegas Nevada Moves Further Away

Ok, so may the continent didn't split and everything west fo the Mississississississippi River isn't drifting out to sea. More than likely, I'm talking about my goal of making it to Vegas this year. Mind you not a huge setback since I'm more or less at the beginning of this goal, there's no way to get further from the goal. But with the loss at Foxwoods yesterday, I'm slipping back a little. And, now I have a decision to make.

For playing poker, I more or less have $180. Now if I go broke, I can usually scape up 50 or 60 to play in the not-so-monthly home game in the future. But with that full 180, it's pretty much not worth it to drive to Foxwoods. It's an hour drive (that's about $40 in gas, back and forth), and variance, it's hard to justify another trip. Now, my other option is the online route. Now recently I haven't played well online. But I think most of that is from me trying to take the few bucks I get in affiliate money and turn that into some sort of playable bankroll. Which usually means me not playing patiently enough and blowing it on one hand. That is much less likely with an actual (granted small) bankroll of say $100.00. Plus if I'm playing at the .05/.10 or .10/.25 level and start to play poorly, I can step back and take a break. When I have my entire bankroll at the table you play poorly you sit out and wait for the next month. So, my 7 readers (I know I have 7 because I re-added my blog to my Bloglines, and it had 7 subscribers- I guess I might have 6 readers and the 7th was me, previously), do I throw $100 onto FTP and try to build a bankroll that way, or do I hold on to it (which is a risk, cash burns holes in my pockets), and try to save enough to hit Foxwoods again? I've added a Poll to the site.

2 comments:

Short-Stacked Shamus 12/31/2007 12:31 PM

I voted for putting $100 on one site & playing awhile, as opposed to $50 on one & $50 on another. I think doing so might be a bit easier on the psyche, since if you drop down too much from $50 you might start pressing. I'd play conservatively, try to build up to $150 or $200, then perhaps move $50 over to the other site.

---SSS (one of the magnificent seven)

SirFWALGMan 12/31/2007 3:36 PM

I would agree Full Tilt. Foxwoods requires more than one buyin. The drive sucks too.