Week 6

I was going to write a post about the lack of people playing small stakes SnGs on Full Tilt. I waited about 5-10 minutes for 1 short handed tournament to start. First hand I'm dealt AhTh in the small blind. I go to raise it up. DAMN IT! It's limit!

So on to week 6 of my poker league.

This week we finally had some play to the first level. Took over an hour before someone busted. Courtesy of yours truly, in an awfuckit call. I managed to accumulate some chips early and Drunky was short stacked. He pushed all-in. When I counted out my stack, I still had more than my starting stack. I had 8-9 sooooted. It came down to wanting to play the hand. No idea why. Just wanted to gamble. He had two overs, and I hit. I busted him. I felt bad for Drunky. Six weeks and he's first out 4 of those 6 times. And he won the last season.

Game progresses and I continue to get hands. Not "hit in the face" with the deck, but it definitely grazed me a few times. I only had one complete bluff all night with 72. I raised preflop. Got the BB (Host) to call. I continuation bet into a T6x (can't remember that card). He thought hard and ended up folding. I didn't show.

About 1/2 way through, I have a HUGE stack. UTG (Tiltbox) pushes all in. I'm in the SB but have a crappy hand, so I let it go. He takes it down. On the button I look down on KT. Folds to me and I limp. I feel like he's going to push with anything there. SB Folds and I'm right he pushes. I hesitate, but end up calling. I had planned that, right? Gotta stick with the plan. I call and Tiltbox has AQ. I flop a T and even river a K. We collect the chips quickly before he starts throwing them. As he's known to do.

I have a monstrous stack and go heads up with the biggest donkey of them all. He can't even spell POKER.

As expected, he starts gaining on me. I hit a few hands by hitting top or middle pair and push my stack around, but he seems to win any pot that I don't hit. I can't bring myself to pick off a bluff.

We're close to even, but I have the lead. I make a small raise with JJ on the button He pushes and I call. He flips over KdQd. The river doesn't help and puts one diamond out there. The turn brings a 2nd diamond and I'm sweating 15 outs. It doesn't come and I take 1st for the second week in a row. I also take over the overall lead by a few 3 points. Even better for me. That win gave me the enough cash to cover the buy-ins for the rest of the season. Anything else will be all profit. If I could pull off an overall win I can head to down to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun and play with more than one bullet.

We're off next week, which is good, since I'll be out of town. If we were going to be in Florida a little longer, I might have been able to hit up the Ocala Jai Lai and Poker. But since we're not there for long and will be doing one day in Disney with our daughter, I won't get the time to play.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

1 comments:

1Queens Up1 4/08/2009 9:15 AM

Im in the league and I can only figure out 3 of the other people you listed. Any one of them could be drunky (or chewy for chewing tobacco).

However I wish to correct a GREAT injustice. The penultimate hand played out like this: I was SB and raised to 20 with KQdd, you pushed with JJ and I finally decided to bite and call.

I must be like 2 for 100 vs you heads up. Good game sir.