No Poker!

Well, no LEAGUE poker. Instead one of my “regular” home games got together on Saturday evening. $20 buy-in, unlimited re-buys for the first hour (15 minute levels). There’s usually a cash game after.

Nine players started the tournament. Early on the flop came with paired 6’s a # of times. We started joking that a 6 was the nuts. But you had to have ONE 6, not a pair of sixes. I won a few hands with a 6 or even bluffed some hand with a 6. The host even raised under the gun with 56, and hit trips on the flop, he won a big pot.

The game settled down after a while. I built up a decent stack, but it was starting to dwindle. 3 handed some donkey had a MASSIVE chip stack and the host and I were down to barely anything. Less than 10 BB probably. We both managed a double up or two.

I’m in the BB and have a little less than the host. Slappy is still the big stack. Host pushes all in, Slappy tanks, and I call with 66. Host shows A7. Slappy shows an A. I dodge the flop and the turn, but the river brings an Ace and I busted on the bubble.

The cash games started while those two battled heads up. It went back and forth for probably another 30 minutes.

Early in the cash game (4 handed- .25/.50), I raised UTG with AQ. I got one caller. The flop was all low. I C-bet and got called. The turn was an 8. I checked and gave up control. The caller bet out and I called. I just didn’t think he had much. The river was a J. He bet out again and I just didn’t think he had anything. He’s been known to push hard when he has busted draws. I called and showed A high. He had Q high and I was good. At that point I only built my stack. At one point, I was up to about 70 bucks (from a 20 buy in). As it got late I found myself bleeding chips. Slappy and the host got into the game (Slappy took it down). I still hovered around the 50 mark. In the end there were only 4 of us again: me, host, host’s brother-in-law, some other guy.

We decide it’s the last hand of the night, I’m UTG so I straddle. The host double straddles and cards are dealt. The SB folds, the BB calls the $2, and I look down at AQ. I raise to 5, thinking no one will believe me since I was a straddler. The host repops it to $15. The BB tanks for 5 minutes. He says he doesn’t want to fold the cards, but doesn’t want to go home with nothing. Finally, he reluctantly folds. I can’t really put the host on too much just because of the re-raise. We were all a little punchy and having fun. I push in my remaining stack, and he insta-calls. RUT ROH. He flips AK. BB folded AK. The cards are dealt and I spike a beautiful Queen on the river and end up cashing out of for $100. So minus the 20 buy in and my original 20 for the tournament, I end the night up $60.

Next Sunday is the league game again. The Double Week. I would LOVE to take that down. 1st place is like 300.

Good luck all!

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: