WSOP Prop Bet

High on Poker was looking to get some prop bets going on the WSOP this year. I decided to gamble a litte. I'm really not a gamble and have had VERY little experience at any kind of prop bet.

I once bet a guy $100.00 that Orlando Bloom was in Saving Private Ryan. I seriously thought the translator was Bloom. It wasn't. He just looked so much like him. Boy was I pissed when I was wrong. I still contend it WAS Orlando Bloom but the credits were wrong.

I've made a last longer bet with Turley once (maybe twice) and I think we're even or something.

I've made two last longer bets with one of my co-workers... I lost both.

I'm hoping to turn my luck around.

Here's the bets:
1) Entrants to the Main Event: 7592 (my pick). He took the under
-----I screwed this one up, big time.

2) Pick'em Horserace: $1 for each final table / $5 for each bracelet
My picks:
a) Phil Hellmuth- he's gonna have a monster series.
b) Joe Hachem- despite the WPT win he has something to prove.
High on Poker
a) Carlos Mortensen- I'm a little worried about him, he's on a tear.
b) James Van Alstyne- juries still out on this one.

I'll probably throw something on the sidebar to keep tabs on it.

2 comments:

Jordan 5/30/2007 2:48 PM

You might have very little experience, but when you almost let me pick a player who wasn't going to be at the WSOP, you showed the heart of a true prop bettor. It's all about finding the edge. On that note, how do you know that he won't be playing the WSOP?

Anonymous 1/09/2008 7:41 PM

I've always wanted to be a part of the WSOP. Guess I should schedule my next gambling trip to Vegas before the event.