Broke

Well I'm "officially" broke. This is the first time I've had no money in my account since february.
I played in my first Mookie event for my last $11.00. It was less then impressive. Two key hands early on. UTG limps, it folds around to me on the button. I raise with KQ suited. Fold, Fold, BAM! Big raise. That's usually the sign of aces or kings, I muck.

The next hand, I'm dealt TT. It folds around to the guy to my right. He raises, and I just call. I want to see a flop. Flop comes J-x-x. He bets out and I don't put him on a jack. I push the rest of my stack. I was right. No Jack... Aces. DOH! I'm out in about 68th out of 74.

Now ALL is not lost. I'm still waiting for FTOPS event 8, which I have a buy-in for. Plus I won a 300 FTP point SnG for a seat in a satellite into the $400K Guaranteed on Sunday. So far there are over 1000 people in this satellite and only 72 spots are paid out.

Now, with the loss of my cash (I have $1.22, which is just 3 cents shy of a freakin' $1 + $0.25 SnG. Bastards. All is not lost. I'll have rakeback AND a little affiliate money coming the middle of May.

On a side note: While stepping away from poker (online that is, have my monthly home game this weekend), I may switch over to some things on a more personal level. Not sure how comfortable I am about doing that on this site. Granted I have 4 readers. Oh and just a Hey there, to Statikkling. DIdn't know you were still hovering around this place. Bayne_s, I'm sure you just googled yourself and found your name here, thanks for stopping by! And to PMAC, from my old stompin' grounds (MSR) which I've pretty much abandoned- for stopping by. Oh yeah, and a hello to TripJax (another googler, I'm sure), who recently stopped by as well. Plus I know Dawn stops by every now and again. What is that, 5? I'm a fucking dynamo.

Anyway, as I was saying, possibly some personal stuff, but I may just create a separate blog for that. We'll see.

I'll see you at the tables... oh wait, I'm broke.. nevermind.

2 comments:

bayne_s 5/03/2007 6:48 PM

I came here mainly to congratulate you on PL Hold'em seat.

Found the site from your comment on Smokkee's blog.

My account is "healthier" than yours as I have already registered for Riverchasers as well as already being in FTOPS #7.

My cash left is more like $1.36 but I have peeps.

I did have KK UTG.

bayne_s 5/04/2007 12:54 PM

You can always try to play your way to a $75 token in the 6 handed 400 FTP points tournies.

Came close yesterday but finished 13th.

The ultimate brinkmanship is to play the $24+$2 Tier 2s and take a dive for 6th and $57 cash.