Finally Some Live Poker

The typical monthly home game. Fast blinds and all-in’s crazy play.

I think next time I might just hit Foxwoods instead though.

Tournament 1: Early on, I limp in from the CO with Q4d. Folds to my buddy, Slappy, in the BB, he checks. Flop comes A-Q-5. He checks and I don’t put him on an Ace. Not without a raise in the BB. I bet 3 bucks, he quickly raises it to 6. I without a thought push. He thinks and calls. I was right… he had no ace… but his QT was better. I’m crippled. However, I’m all in blind in the next hand, and triple up. Double up two hands later and I’m back in it. I ended up busting in the middle, but most importantly, showing to the two new guys, why I was nicknamed “Herpes.”

Tournament 2: I get crippled again early (I don’t remember the hand). Shortly there after, I manage to make a couple of double ups. I’m relatively healthy again, still low stack, but can survivor some hands. I’m dealt A9 in late position and end up pushing. I’m called by one player (Slappy). He flips over, A8s. WOO HOO! Flop 8-2-2… rut-roh! River: Blank… Turn… a beautiful 9. Seriously, I’m Slappy’s kryptonite. I have uncanny luck against him. If I’m dealing, he’s sure to lose. Slappy still has a huge chip lead over the people still in. A few hands later, I’m low on chips and I’m dealt 66. I push, and Slappy calls. He flips over 99. Yikes. He’s all happy, until to finally put me out. Of course, he’s still powerless against me, as I spike my 6 on the river sending him on tilt. Now I have a healthy stack, probably 2nd in chips.

A few beats later, I’m hurting again but it’s heads up. Me and Slappy. He’s got a pretty big chip lead on me. We had just ordered food and it’s scheduled to arrive soon. I turn to him and offer to split it 50/50. “That’s the only offer I’ll make.” He looks at my chips and says, no we’ll do it. 60/40. I say no, and give him one last chance. He suddenly tightens up BIG time. Blinds are so high that I’m getting huge stacks each time he folds. It doesn’t matter that I have 72, 82, 23, he’s folding to my BB and most times I’m in the small blind, I push and he folds, not wanting to double me up. We’re finally about even. I push with Ax, he calls with Kx and neither of us improve. When the count is done, I had him slightly covered and take it home.

Tournament 3 was uneventful for me. I’ve been sick and was getting tired. It looked like this was the last one for the night. So as the blinds were getting up there and about 4 or 5 people left, I pushed with 4/5 suited. I didn’t want to wait the two hands for most of my stack to be in the BB, so I pushed. The SB agonized over the decision before folding, but the BB called with a couple of overs. I didn’t improve.

It was the usual fun night, mediocre poker and lost of laughs. Plus I was up for the night. I really don’t remember a home game where I didn’t win at least one tournament. That’s a nice feeling.

0 comments: