An Unsuccessful Foxwoods Trip

I went there just to play in the $100.00 tournament.

I started off well, building an early chip lead. A couple of poor calls, and I was getting low on chips.
The one that sticks in my craw (what the hell does that mean?) I'm dealt AQ in MP and raise 3x. Button calls. We check down with all low cards on the flop and turn. River is a J. Button puts out a small bet, I think he might be trying to buy it since I never showed strength, I call, and he has AJ.

My final hand was me not taking the time to put enough thought into it. I went halfway.

Blinds are 100/200 w/ 25 ante. I have about 1500 left (started with 2k, got up to about 3+K.

Button limps, I'm dealt KT from the SB, buttom limps, I call., BB checks.

Flop comes K-J-9. Buttom makes a mistake and tries to bet, but dealer stops him.

I knew the guy was tight so he had to have something. I'm first to act. With my stack and the blinds, I'm thinking, there's really not much I can do. Can I fold top pair with a gutshot. I don't think I can. I know Button wants to bet. I might have the best hand here, so I push.

That was my first mistake. I thought about my stack and the blinds, but didn't put enough thought into what the Button could have. Against any other guy a push would have been the best play. But since I knew he was tight, I SHOULD figured he'd have to have something to want to bet. If I would have thought about it more, I should have let it go. But I know he can't have AK or he'd have raised. Basically if he has a King I'd have to put him on KQ, KJ, KT or K9 in order for him to want to bet. All which beat me. He wouldn't bet with just a Jack. He wouldn't bet bottom pair or any lower pair.
It boiled down to what would he limp with and then want to bet that flop... only what can beat me. Two pair, a set is unlikely because w/ JJ and KK he would have raised. Maybe he could have had 99, and of course he could have limped with QT, AND he would want to bet after that flop.
Most of my thought process was AM I willing to throw way a top pair with a gutshot with my chipstack in relation to the blinds. I didn't think I could.

Of course, what he had was QT for the straight, and I'm pretty much drawing to the split pot. Q never comes and I'm busted.

Good news. Foxwoods has FINALLY changed their MAX buy-in on 1/2 no limit.
It's now $60-$300! WOO HOO! Now if only I had that kind of cheddah to buy in. But I don't.

0 comments: