Happy New Year!

Well it's 2007, and while I didn't keep much in the way of records, I would like to think that I was slightly ahead for the year. I play mostly low limits. Finished the year with no money on Full Tilt, but I had a 2 big wins playing at Foxwoods, a couple of decent turn outs in the monthly home game (I only made it to about half of them), and I had a few withdrawals from Full Tilt. So all in all I'm going to call 2006 a wash.

2007... granted it's 2 hours and 11 minutes INTO it, is not looking so good.

Now to consider, online I play low/micro limits. With the occasional jump up in stakes just for the hell of it.

I decided to give myself entry into a $50 tournament or SnG on Full Tilt. I decided against that and decided to drop $50 into a $1/$2 no limit ring game instead (Note: this is short handed- 6 players). I play relatively conservative, and lost some cash missing flops. My raises were respected and I could get some blinds (granted not as big a deal in cash games as in tournaments, but anything was nice). I'm down to about $43.00 when I get dealt AA on the button

(oh and as you can tell, AA, probably gonna be a bad beat story).

The cutoff (w/ about $135 behind him) raises to 9, I repop it to 24 (hoping he'd re-re-raise me, but he calls.

Flop comes 7d - Ts - 9c.

I'm relatively happy with this flop, a called raise from a tight player with 86s or J8s is unlikely. He puts me all in, which is really only 19 more, so I have to call it. I probably should have pushed all-in with my stack, but I wanted a double up through this guy. Win a small pot, lose a big pot.

He flips over AdTd. I am lovin' life.
Turn: 2d... oh no.
River: 6d...

Welcome to 2007.

I then took $10 into a .05/.10 shorthanded, and made about $12 profit.

Which I proceeded to most of that profit in an $5.50 18 handed SnG and a $6.25 Turbo Heads Up SnG.

2007: -$49.21

0 comments: