Finally Found a Decent Limit to Play.

Playing FTP I've started playing .50/1.00 table. Its' tough to do when you have half the max buy-in. But you can actually play. You can push some people off hands. They still overvalue Ace low kicker, but not all the time. There are still suck outs and donkeys, I've just noticed less.

Two Key Hands from today as I sat at home waiting for a fridge to be delivered.

Bought in for $30 (only had $50 in my account). Had ups and downs, but was up to $34 when I was dealt QQ (I'm UTG+2)

UTG raises to 4
I reraise to 8
It folds to UTG who calls.
*** FLOP *** [2h 7d 4d]

UTG bets $17.50

Now I think for a moment. OK. He probably has a hand as he's been playing pretty solid. I doubht he has Aces, as I don't think he would have just called my re-raise. KK? Similiar feeling, but possible. Work my way down to other hands that could beat me... set? maybe a set of 7s. Hard to seem him raising UTG w/ 44, or 22. Those you want to see a cheap flop would limp. I'm about 60% sure I have the best hand. So I reraise all in ($25.85).

UTG calls and shows JJ. Man, was I in heaven. $66.20.
------------------------------

A few hands later, I'm in the SB. (I have $64.20). Two limpers; Mid Postion and Cutoff.

I look down at AQo

I re-raise to 3.
BB folds, but two limpers call.
*** FLOP *** [4d 4h Qd]

I bet $9 and Mid Position folds.
Cutoff raises to $24. So now I'm in a quandry. My first thought is that if he had a 4, I'm dead (obviously). But instead of panicing I start thinking about how he's been playing. Average tightness, hasn't seen TOO many hands. And they've been decent hands, nothing outrageous.

But then I think, what hands could he have that could beat me. MAYBE A4, but even that seems a bit loose for him. I worry about 44 for a second, but think if he hit Quads, he's gonna slow play. Not likely going to reraise a flush draw.
AA and KK are options too, but unlikely with no preflop raise. He's gotta have a Q. Which means I have him out kicked.I reraises all-in ($61.20). He calls and shows KQ. I take down a monster pot of $129.40.

SIDE NOTE: While I was playing that, I was playing in a 2 table SnG ($6.60), where top 4 gets a $26 tournament token (5th gets a measley $4). And I got my token. My first time ever. I've played a few of these recently and OFTEN finish either money bubble or token bubble. I was chip leader as we got to the bubble, but I had the 2nd and 3rd chip leaders (we were all close) to my immediate left. I tried not to tangle with them unless I had to. Managed to wait it out and got my token....Now what do I do with it???

I think there's a 17K Guaranteed tonight to use it on.

0 comments: