My 2nd MTT Final Table!

That's right. I made my first final table Thursday night, in a Satellite Tourney. Finished 6th place. Unfortunately as it was a Satellite, only the top 4 paid entry into the bigger tournament and no cash was given out. Well, tonight I made my 2nd final table. Another Satellite MTT tournament. Top 5 positions paid entry into the bigger tournament. 6th place got $3.00 (buy in was $11).

I went into the final table and 3 hands in had QT, flop game x-Q-T. Someone with more chips than me went all-in with A6o. And I became tied for chip leader. I dominated and began to push people around else around. Lost some chips, built it back up.

Finally, we were down to 6 players. I'm about middle stacked. There are 2 or 3 people who are pretty much dead. I look down at JJ. I raise, another guy raises all-in, putting my tournament life on the line. I think, I think... I already laid down pocket 7s earlier after a flop came and 2 overcards... I finally decide, I want some cushion between me and the lower stacks. I call. My opponent flips over AA, nothing comes and I'm out in 6th place.

That's right... I was the bubble boy. Sure I won $3. But I was right there! GRRRR! Shoulda let those jacks go in that spot and just played to get 5th since there was no difference between 1st and 5th. I would have had it too. Stupid call. Any other CASH tournament, where there's more money to be won the higher up you go, I would have made that call almost every time. But in that spot... I just didn't need to... grrrr...

I need to stay away from Satellites!

0 comments: