Mediocre night at the poker tables.

I played a couple of SnG tournaments last night on Full Tilt Poker. A 45 player SnG which I place a disappointing 9th. My heart wasn't in it for some reason.

I also entered a satellite-satellite for their 200K Guaranteed Tournament on Sunday. Basically the buy-in is 300 Full Tilt Points, 9 players. Only the winner gets entry into a 2500pt satellite where 9 players win entry into the 200k Tournament.

Couple of key hands.

3 hands in, I get AA, and was all-in preflop against, the powerhouse of QJo. HUH? Oh well, more money for me. That hand held me for quite some time. We go into three handed and I'm just a few chips behind the chip leader.

This hand pretty much clinched it for me.
Seat 2: Unimpressed (5,925) BUTTON
Seat 4: PLAYER A (1,540) SB
Seat 9: PLAYER B (6,035) BB
I’m dealt 9c, 7c. Manage to flop a straight and cripple Player B (he flopped top pair and turned top two pair) to go into heads up with a HUGE chip lead.

Unimpressed (12,000) - Player A (1,500)

I got him as low as: Unimpressed (13,010) - Player A (490). However, my aggression starts hurting me as he starts hitting cards. At one point the chip counts was: Unimpressed (9,480) - Player A (4,020)

I’ll admit, that I was starting to get a little nervous. Cards haven’t been going my way, and I didn’t like the trend it took. It ends when I’m dealt QTo and flop top 2 pair. We get all our money in after the flop and Player A has KQo. No king comes and I walk away with the seat to the satellite on Saturday.
-----------

I'm definitely OK with how I've been playing. I stay focused and wait for cards. I don't think I'm really getting hit by the deck. If you're going to win any kind of poker tournament you DO have to get some cards, and I'm just able show patiences until the cards come.
I still have a lot of work to do, but I can see my game improving.

0 comments: