Heads Up!

This week I’ve played a bit of heads-up poker. The podcast I listen to Mysportsradio.com - All-In Poker Podcast, is holding a heads up tournament. I was a last minute entrant into the tournament but had insane luck in the first match. I dispatched my opponent in 4 hands; hitting top pair or 2nd pair when he would hit a good draw and/or lower pair.

After that I played in a few others and was able to clean up on all those. The funniest was when I was trying to get into a heads up SnG w/ a friend, someone else jumped in so I had to play him. I didn’t care all that much but started off with a good hand. Ended up going on all-in on the first hand and busted the guy.

My biggest weakness heads up is assuming the other player has nothing even when he shows strength. I’m working on that. And I DEFINITELY consider my heads up ability, the best part of my game.

Round two of the tournament starts this weekend so I’ll keep you posted (we’re just waiting on one more match). My bracket-mates and I have one advantage over the other brackets, we have to play one less game. We only have 24 interested folks so we lucked out and got the bracket that only has to win 3 matches to get to the final. The other brackets have to win 4 (winner of the other two brackets have to play each other).

Also, tonight I'll be a guest on MSR's new Poker Roundtable podcast. Which will be up tomorrow sometime. That was my prize (along with $25) for winning their freeroll tournament on Saturday on Titan Poker.

0 comments: