Tilt and Bank Roll Management

I recently suffered some stingy losses. And they weren't my fault. Sure there was some bad play, but it wasn't my fault. I was suffering from Tilt.... and poor bankroll management.

I had my bankroll down to $175. With that amount, I should only be buying in for $5 @ a .05/.10 NL table. BUT I decided to buy in for 30, at a deep stack .10/.30 table. I blew through $30 pretty quickly. OK, I can get that back. Play tight and wait for a big hand. I buy in for $30. I lose that through bad play. OK... $30 more.. I'll REALLY be patient this time. Type your

I'm in the BB w/ LeDawn (Kc7c). One person min raises, and I call. Flop comes with a 7, and one club. I'm not going crazy, I check, so does he. Flop comes another club. I check, so does he. River comes a 3rd club. Ta da... Got what I wanted. He ends up pushing and I call. He shows AcQc. At the same time I lost $10 at .10/.25 table. I'm Tilty McTilterson. I blew through $100 of my $175 in less than an hour.

I didn't learn my lesson. When I returned home from taking my daughter to day care, I had about an 30 mins to play. I bought in for $10 at the .10/.25 (instead of $5 @ .05/.10).

I managed to get JJ and double up when the guy didn't hit his draw. Then my ride showed up and got JJ again (it was the VERY next hand). I'm Tilty! I have about $18.00. One limper, I push all in. Limper calls.... WITH KJ!!!!! My hand holds up and I made a nice little profit.

When I got back from my appointment I played the $5 @ .05/.10 nl short hand, and managed to turn a profit there (after re-buying).

So I'm just over $100 and basically have to see if I can rebuild this sucker. But seriously, I'm going away for a week and probably won't play much.

Seriously...

No really...

Well maybe a little bit...

Shut it!

0 comments: