The Crackhouse

Dawn has already put a small post about it at I Had Outs. But I did make it to the Crackhouse's March game. And while they assure me it was a shell of it's usual self, I still had a good time. Definitely an -EV trip in terms of cash, but well worth it to see the last half of Talladega Nights. No not really. The real pleasure was meeting the two hosts of my favorite Poker Blog. And putting faces to some of the other names that pop up on the blog (Mary, Alceste, as well as Dawn and Karol).

A mere 8 people showed up with a buy-in of $30 and one rebuy in the 1st 2 hours (only one person used it). I was short-stacked for quite a while. I didn't even have enough chips to shuffle. But the lovely Karol (or is it fiery, I can't remember which) was nice enough to loan me some chips to shuffle. I was good in that I never bet them. Which I was tempted to do. I, of course, repaid her kindness by turning a 3 in when my 33 went up against her JJ.... um... sorry.

My favorite quote of the night was curtesy of Karol after that beat.

Me: Republican money is the best money.
Karol: All money is Republican money.

Ladies, I had a fun time. And hopefully can get a chance to play again. Let me know when you can make it up to Foxwoods and I'll meet you out there.

0 comments: