An Experiment

I usually play the micro limits at any online site I play, whether it's no-limit or limit. Well I decided to up my limits for once. This is only a test. Playing some low limit I was able to cash $150 out of Titan and Party Poker. It's been sitting there while I try to decide what to do with it. I decided to put $50 into Full Tilt and give a go @ the 2-4 limits. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons. I want to build the bankroll a little faster, and will do this only for $50, if I blow it, I won't be throwing in more money. Basically, at the micro-limits it's a tough grind. You wait, wait, wait, get a monster, and BAM, you win $5.00. This will put a little more meaning into the amounts being bet, and a little more excitement into the grind.

I started this morning. The key thing for me to do is to stick with the full table games, and focus on patience. I only played a little this morning, and patience did fail me when I decided to play Q10 from middle position. I hit a Q (QJ7) on the flop. I bet it, got a re-raise, and just called. The turn came an Ace, I bet. Guy called. The river was a blank, I bet, he thought and thought and then folded. I'm glad I won, but I'm kickin' myself for playing it. Anyway, I didn't play long (about two rotations), but I finished up $30.

I'll keep you up to date on how I progress.

1 comments:

drewspop 7/06/2006 2:13 PM

Cool, hope this goes well for you. Not a bad idea and then reel it in if it works for a bit, before variance catches you going over your bankroll.

Hey, speaking of building the bankroll, check out my post about the PokerSavvy Mansion Poker promo. It is a super quick way to add $90 to your bankroll. I am pimping it hard because it is really almost too good to be true. I cleared it in about 15 minutes and I have had 3 others do the same thing.