A much needed Vacation - non poker related.

OK. Well, yet another long while w/o a post. I have SOME excuse this time. I was away with the family on vacation. It was our first actual vacation since our daughter (who's now 2 1/2). In the past we had taken all our vacations to visit her family and my family. But now that we live two hours away from my wife's family and we seem them every month, we actually have one free week.

We decided to stay with in driving distance, and headed up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. VERY nice! My daughter LOVED the pool. We got her some floaties, and one of those big long pink foam "noodles". She put the noodle under her arms, swam around singing, "I'm swimmin' like a noodle." She's so precious.

We also spent a lot of time at the playground in town. Had a big jungle gym in the playground and a little water area that the kids could run around and get soaked.
We did some typical touristy things. Went up a big gondola to the top of a mountain. But it was too buggy and cloudy to see. We also drove to the top of White Mountain (scary ass road!), 6288ft, but again, cloudy and didn't have much view from the top. On the way up (and down) we were able to stop and get some breathtaking views.

There's also a little amusement park there, called Storyland. Has a bunch of rides and sets up based on fairy tales. It was perfect for her age and we spent the whole day there.

It was just a nice relaxing vacation, and much needed. And an entire week without poker! I don't know how I tolerated it!

1 comments:

drewspop 7/27/2006 11:19 AM

Hey, I am leaving at 2:30 this afternoon to go up there with the family. We are staying in a condo across from Storyland and to the park tomorrow. We love it up there.