Flop a Set.. Fold a Set

2nd hand of a turbo Cardiff ($1 sng, shorthanded).

In the cutoff, I'm dealt pocket fives.

UTG folds.
UTG+1 min raises to 20.
I call.
Button calls.
SB raises TO 80.
Everyone, like sheep, calls the extra 60.

FLOP: Ah-5h-Qh. YES A SET, could be in trouble, but I still will likely get some chips in the pot.

SB ALL-IN - 910. No problem, if he had the flush he probably wouldn't have bet it so heavy. I'll be calling that!

BB Calls... OK, now I'm worried... think, think.... I could still be good.
UTG+1 Calls.. Adios Set.

SB had Aces (no heart).
BB had K-10 off (king of heats) flush and straight draw.
UTG+1 9h-10h flush.

TURN came another heart, giving K10 the win.

Obvious lay down for me. But still hurts to put down a set. Might have been my first time.

0 comments: