Some Hand Analysis.

Three Hands from the other night.

First hand of a SnG - I’m the BB and I’m dealt 10-4o. It limps around to me (with 3 limpers).

FLOP: 3d-5s-6d

SB and Myself Check, early position bets 10, all but SB calls.

TURN: 2s

SWEET! I bet out 50. One caller.

RIVER: 4h….. to quote Dawn…. “Sad Panda.”

I check, opponent bets the pot: 170. I make the crying call, and he shows his 67 for the higher straight. I’m lost about a 1/4 of my chips.

VERY NEXT HAND

HERO: 77 in the small blind. (5)

A couple of limpers preflop, but then the button raises to 100. I call, really just wanting to see the flop. This might be a mistake. But it’s hard for me to lay down a pocket pair preflop, I want my set! Anyway, UTG calls the raise as well.

FLOP: 8d-7h-4c *DING! DING! DING!* We have a winner.

I simply check. UTG does the same, and Button bets 100.
I delay a few seconds, to give the impression of thinking and smooth call. UTG does the same, and I get a little flicker worry about an 88 from him.

TURN: Qh

I like that card. I check, UTG checks again. OK, he can’t have 88. I mean who would check their set TWICE! Oh wait… I just did. Button pushes All-in (790). I have UTG acting after me, but part of me wants him to call (560 more). Losing Set over Set is nothing to be ashamed of… right…… RIGHT? A moot point as UTG folds. And I know it’s mine.

The Queen was more beautiful than I knew. Button shows, AQ, and I take down a HUGE pot. I win 1740 and BUTTON gets his 230 back.

OK, a little while later Button From Above (BFA) was still short stacked and he’s UTG. I’m UTG+1.

I’m dealt QQ. HA!
BFA goes All-In for 280.

Normally this is an automatic call for me. But this time I actually stop to think… not about whether to call… that’s obvious, but do I want to RAISE. I decide, yes, I want to isolate and just eliminate this guy. So I raise HUGE to $1040.
UTG+2 calls. HUH? Unexpected. But his call is just for 935, so I have him covered. Folds around.

BOARD: 7s – 9h – Jc – 3c – Jh

UTG: had A2s
UTG+2: AQ. I LOVE you AQ! STAY AWAY FROM ME!

I take down another big pot. Have a HUGE chip lead. Eliminated 2 people (6 handed SnG). Unfortunately, I busted out 3rd, just out of the money :(

1 comments:

Dawn Summers 6/09/2006 1:38 AM

woo! I was quoted!!