Poor Showing In Heads Up II

Well, I made it past the first round, soundly beating my opponent 2-0 (this time around, they changed the format to 2 out of 3). It took about 2 weeks to finally hook up with my 2nd opponent. I took at early lead beating him in the first one. He was card dead and I got a bit lucky on a few hands. The second match he got the cards. The third match. Well the third match, I lost because I played poorly. There were two calls that were HIGHLY questionable... by questionable, I mean fucking stupid.

First I lost about 200 with K3 on a board of nothing 10c-2d-Qd-Jc-3c. I tried to buy it with 80 on the flop. We both checked on the turn. He bet another 80 on the river. I knew my 3 was no good but called it anyway.

The very next hand, I lost 320 on a hand of 10/4s. Board came 4c- Jc- 5s - 3d - 5c. I bet about 60 on the turn, which was called, then I bet 120 on the river. He re-raised to 240, and I called knowing I was beat.

At that point I was on the ropes and with a 300 to his 1700. I got it up to about 350, but that was about it. And I was out. I definitely felt like I could beat him, but I played those two poorly. I also felt I played the shortstack pretty crappy too. The blinds were 20/40 when I lost. And while I had less than 10x the big blind. I should have played some hands a little slower to try to get more action.

I'll get 'em next time. Good job Pock!

0 comments: