Father's Day, Kids Say The Darndest Things, and That was My Idea!

OK, I missed the World Blogger Championship on Pokerstars today. Father's day, and the family and I went to see, Cars. Funny movie (but I love Pixar movies). If you plan on seeing it. Stay for the credits. There is a hilarious scene where the cars are watching other Pixar movies. I had tears in my eyes.

I've noticed this trend for a few years now, so it really irks me. Many moons ago, when I was in college the first time, I took a marketing class. One of the projects, was to create an ad campaign for a niche product. Basically, something that there wasn't a big market for already. So my group (me and two girls) first weret going to do a better Playgirl. From what I was told (I swear I wouldn't know), Playgirl was pretty lame. The girls thought it was cheesey and had no real content, whereas Playboy has the adult side, but is more than just a nudie mag (It is???) Anyway, we ended up scrapping that idea (I had no problem doing it, I forgot why it was scrapped) and went with marketing a shower gel towards men. There wasn't one on the market, they were either gender neutral or aimed towards women. So we drew up storyboards, for a commercial and we thought we did really well. We only got a B on the project, and from the response and questions from the teacher, we felt he gave us that grade because he didn't think the product would sell. NOW I SEE COMMERCIALS FOR BODY GEL FOR MEN ALL THE TIME!!!! SOMEONE OWES US ROYALTIES!!!

One evening I was picking out books to read to my daughter before she goes to bed (she's 2 1/2). I asked her if she wanted Curious George. "No, it sucks."

Good night everybody.

1 comments:

drewspop 6/19/2006 12:46 PM

That's classic. I have to post what my 3 year old said yesterday. He is recently potty trained and he took his dump and then came walking out of the bathroom. As soon as I told him to go back in the bathroom so I could help him, he goes tearing out the front door of the house with just his shirt on. I yell at him to get back in. He actually stopped came walking back, and with his 2 older brothers sitting there ways, "I'm a pain in the ass!" and walks into the bathroom.

They are fun eh?