Poker Content Coming Soon

It's been over a year now, but it looks like the League will be starting up this Sunday. This should generate some more content. I'm on huge poker dry spell. The only cards I've played is Old Maid.

So Host says we'll have 10 peolple this season. That will be a nice change of pace from the last two seasons.

Just to recap, I joined the league 4 "seasons" ago. That first one, We has 9 players and I tied 2nd place overall. I then took the next "season" off. When that finished up, I was jonesin' for more, so I joined again. I believe that season, we had 8 players, but 2 people quit half way through. I managed to win that one. In fact, I clinched it the week before because I was guaranteed 6th place points with those 2 people gone.

Then last season, we had a piddley 6 people in the league. By the last week, I could only lose if I busted first for 0 points. A few weeks before the end one guy (Muscles) stopped coming (started dating some chick). He said he quit. I told Host that we could wait a few weeks to get Muscles back in so there was at least a shot at me losing. In the end Muscles wouldn't come back, so just showing up netted me the 2 points I needed to clinch again.

I'm still waiting on my two trophies. Bastards.

The format is the same. 16 weeks. 14 regular weeks and 2 double point weeks. 1 point per where you bust. So the first person who busts gets 1 point, next person to bust gets 2 points, etc. I believe every one gets 80 chips to start. Blinds don't go up until the first person busts (blinds start 1/2). Then it increases every 30 minutes (I think). It really feels like there is a lot of play, unless some busts on the first hand and then everyone but one player goes from 40BBs to 20BBs in 2 minutes. It doesn't happen that often. Usually you get 20-40 minutes of no increases. Sometimes even an hour or more.

I'm not a fan of the payout structure per tournament. It almost all goes to 1st place. 2nd usually gets the buy-in back. Maybe twice that.

Cost is $20+$5/week (the double week it's $40+$10), where the $20 goes into that weeks prize pool and the $5 goes to the overall season pool. The $5 has to be paid, even if you don't show up a week (you don't have to put in the $20). The double weeks are mandatory and will be rescheduled if someone can't make it. The overall season is paid out 75% & 25%.

This time there should be 10 people, with 2 brand new players and on dude that has played before, but none of the seasons I've played. I'll have a breakdown of the players next week.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: