Quad Control

Seriously, over the last 2 weeks, I've hit quads... 5 or 6 times. Seriously. I hit it last night (I don't rememer the situation, I'll have to check it out later). Then again this morning.

I'm in a $5 Shorthanded Turbo SnG on Titan. I was the chip leader early, then with three left, I hit a couple of hands and doubled up twice through the 2nd place person, the second time, all but knocking him out.

Suddenly, I'm heads up with someone who has a slight chip lead. I'm the BB with the blinds of 150/300.
I'm dealt Qs6s.
Button raises to 600. I call.
FLOP: Q - Q - 2
Bingo! I thought about putting a bet out there, thinking a slow play might be obvious here, but during the tournament I had checked abunch of times after I missed the flop.
He bets 300. I wait a few seconds and call.
TURN: Q
BINGO! BANGO! BONGO! OK, lets see if we do it again. I wait, then check. He bets out $600. This time I let the time run almost out, and call.
RIVER: J
Please, please, PLEASE have a J. OK. If he has nothing, I don't think I'll get anything. One more time than. Check. He doesn't hesitate... ALL-IN! BIIIIIGGGG Smile. I take a moment to let him know, "I have Quads." Then hit call. He had absolutely nothing. I think 10-5 off. A few hands later, I bust him.

I have to say poker is easy when you can get quads everytime.

0 comments: