I’m a SUCH a Donkey… (I should work on this… it’s a running theme to this blog)

Luckily, my opponent was a bigger one.

I decide to play one game of heads up (on Titan Poker) last night before I go to bed.. I usually play $1 or $2, sometimes as high as $5. This time however, I decided on one game of $10. My goal is to turn this 50 into 100 and cash half out to go to another site (not sure if it'll be back to Full Tilt, go to PokerStars or try that WorldPX.com). I figured I could afford to lose $10, and if I win I'm about $10 bucks away from my goal.

$10 HEADS UP MATCH

Blinds started 5/10 – 1000 in chips.
First Hand:
Button: Big Donkey (aka me)
Big Blind: Huge Donkey (opponent)
BD is dealt K8o.
BD raises to 35. (4x is the kind of the standard raise the way their drag bar is set up)
HD raises to 60.
BD calls.

FLOP3s-8d-6s

HD bets 90
BD raises to 270. My thought process is, 90 could be continuation bet, I want to see where I am. Figuring, if he raises, I can fold this.
HD raises all-in.
Now I wish I could say that I thought this out. And reasoned my way to figuring he had no real hand. But it was just a feeling with no basis. I never played with the guy it was the first hand. He was aggressive throughout, he could have had pretty much any higher pocket pair or over cards, a set. Anything. I just didn’t think so. I called pretty quickly.

My K8 is flipped, his Q8 is flipped, TURN and RIVER is no help to him. I take down the entire match on one hand.

WOO HOO!

0 comments: