HU and Donkey Play (2 Separate Subjects)

Played this person tonight, heads up. Check this out:
Blinds are 10/20- I was ahead in chips- 1100 to 900. And I'm on the button.

Hero: QQ.
Hero: Calls 10 (just a limper here, I'm hoping for raise)
Donk: Raises another 20.
Hero: (this was a dumb play by me). I raise it 160 (I clicked the slider too fast, and was about to adjust it back, but figured to try for the over-bet to get a call.
Donk: Thinks for a long time....... Calls (pot is now 360).

FLOP: 7h - 2c - 8h.

Hero: Thinks.... Bets a little less than the pot (280).
Donk: Min-raise to 560.
Pretty much a no brainer. If he wouldn't have thought so hard about the 160 preflop, I would have been worried about AA or KK, heck even AK. But the fact that he thought so hard and then quickly min-raised me. I figured he was putting a move. And if he had a set, so be it.
Hero: Pushes all-in (635)
Donk: Calls (135 and is all-in)

Donk shows Ac-5d.

TURN: Jd
RIVER: 9s

I take down another win.
------------
After that, I decided to check Titan Pokers records of my matches over the last 30 days.

27 heads up matches
17 wins
------
63% - not too shabby.

0 comments: