Nobody at this game would call with ...

I actually went to my buddy's home game. Normally, if I go, I go after 8, after they've already played a few tournaments. Tonight I was there from the start. I was asked to start coming after 8 again.

Just a quick refresher. Starting Stack: 4000. Blinds start at 25/50 and double every 15 minutes. They are small buy-in tournaments with a $5.00 bounty on everyone's head. I finished 2nd in the first two tournaments, winning enough bounties to break even. The money for second was a small bonus each time.

The third tournament started off slow. I won a few hands. The blinds had already gone up to 50/100. I believe there was 1 limper. I limp in middle position. Another limper. The Small Blind raises it to 500, the Big Blind calls, it folds to me. I call. The other limper folds. 3 handed. Flop comes 2-3-4, 2 diamonds. SB bets (but I don't remember how much, 1000?). BB goes all-in. I reshove (though we were close in chips). The Button tanks big time. I figure him for Aces. He's tries to put both of us on hands; Flush draw... set of 4s. He comments that he doesn't think he's good enough to fold. I tell him that out of everyone, he's probably the only one who could fold here. Someone (not in the hand) sarcastically adds that no one in this home game would call a raise with 56. In the end, he couldn't fold and shows AA. SB shows KK. I sheepishly show the 56 for the nut straight and bust two players. I feel bad because the Button ends up leaving after the beat. I don't think he wanted to sit around for an hour or more for the next tournament. As he left, he shook everyone's hand... but flipped me off (all in good fun). Oh well. I spent the rest of the evening trying to "re-build" my tight image. Didn't work. I really went on a roll in this tournament, hitting big hands and having them hold up and I took down the tournament. Again with a nice supply of bounties.

A fourth tournament, but I didn't make anything happen and busted in the middle of the pack.

Week 7 in the league is tomorrow, so there may be another post shortly.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: