The Sinkhole that is Microlevel SnGs.

Still "grinding." I'm not jumping up in levels, still playing low, but I'm not playing as often.

While before, I could count on the low stakes SnGs to increase, now it's been the short handed ring game. A few nights where my cash game profits went directly into losing SnGs. I stopped getting hands, and it's hard to do much. I get a little low and the blinds are high, I push with JJ and of course someone wakes up with KK.

Their kings hold up, whereas, the other night, looking at my hands, you'd think I got slapped in the face with the deck. KK 3 times in 10 hands. Results... 1) Chopped pot with a straight on board to the J. 2) Lost to KQ- though I played it poorly. 3) Won the blinds.

Here's how the KQ hand went. I raised from mid position with KK and get 3 callers. Button, SB and BB. The flop came, x-Q-Q. Checked around. The turn is a blank and I bet about 1/2 pot. It checks around again and the Button bets about 1/2 pot. SB calls, and I decide to pop it. I don't think a raise in the mistake, it's just that I hit POT and made the pot too big to fold. A min raise would have worked just as good. I get the button to fold, but the SB pushes all in. I have him covered and his raise is probably about 20% of pot. I pretty much have to call and he shows KQ. The downside to using the POT button and not controlling the size of the pot.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: