I Have No Idea Why I Tilt

I think my poor play tilts me the most. I've been on a downward spiral since my last post. Loss after loss. Tilting my small balance away. I make a few bad plays, a few set up hands and I can't get out of the funk.

I started the night around $35. I played a SnG and a couple of cash games tables. Started off OK, took a few beats and bad plays. I had my starting buy-in at one cash game, and had doubled my buy-in at another. Next thing I knew, the wheels fell off and I was felted on both, and out of my SnG.

Next thing I knew, I had $20 bucks in my account. I said 'FUCK IT' and jumped into a short handed, $6.50 SnG. I knew I was tilting, but thought I could offset my tilt with a .01/.02 cash game. Just playing how I wanted with $1. The table didn't go well, lost my buy-in. I focused on the SnG. I started off slow, losing a few chips on hands that didn't pan out. I stayed patient, and I got a few hands. One big hand, I raised 3x on the button with A7 when it folded to me. The BB called. The flop comes AA5. I decided to lead out with a pot sized bet. Figuring it would look weak. It worked. BB went all-in. I called and he had just 77. From there, I had 2nd biggest stack. I had 88 on the button. A smaller stack pushed all in (he had just under 10x) ahead of me. The blinds were getting high, so I called. I was surprised to see the BB also call. I had both of them covered. I didn't really mind seeing AK vs AQ. My eights held up and I busted two players. At that point it was smooth sailing. I took the SnG and managed a small profit for the night.

So the moral of the story? Patience pays off? Variance works itself out? No. Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some times.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: