The Big Double Week.

The Double Week took place one week later. As per usual, I say I'm going to pay tight, but the double chips make me play too many hands. But I sat tight.

Slappy took a few beats and went on some serious tilt.
1) Slappy raises from middle position. One caller (Tighty), maybe two. The flop comes K-K-X, two clubs. Checks to Slappy who C-bets. Tighty calls. The Turn brings an X. Check-Check. The river brings the Tc completing the flush. Checks to Slappy who bets... Now here's where it gets weird. First, assuming Slappy didn't have the flush, which I was pretty sure he didn't, I knew he just threw that bet away. There was no way he was getting called by a hand that he beat. Anyone else, maybe, but not against Tighty. Tighty is about points. He can fold with the best of them. No one folds like Tighty. I figured maybe trip Kings, maybe the flush. So, as I said, Slappy bets, and Tighty calls. As soon as he calls I figured he had the flush. Tighty would just call the nut flush because the two Kings on the board. Slappy shows his AA. Definitely, no way he was going to be called by a worse hand. Slappy says he put the guy on QQ or JJ. Which I pointed out, Tighty would NEVER call there. Not with the flush and the two Kings. The weird part of this hand was that Tighty showed a boat. I think it was KT. A boat and just called? Most of us where flabbergasted. We had no idea what happened. Even now, I'm not sure Tighty even saw his boat. Slappy is visibily upset.

I believe there was another beat before that, where it was Slappy with AK and Host with K8. Host flopped an 8. Called Slappys C-bet on the flop (after much deliberation). Then they both checked it down. While a beat, I saw nothing wrong with anyone's play there really.

2) The Big One. Slappy is low on chips at this point. He's in early position and limps. Limps around. Flop comes Tc8c3c. Walken, in a blind, puts in a small bet. Slappy puts in a raise. Walken, re-raises rather quickly. Slappy calls and shows QcTc for the flush. Walken shows T3 for 2 pair. No sweat when the 3 comes on the Turn giving Walken the boat. He improved to Quads with another 3 on the river. That pushed Slappy over the edge. He grabs his things and basically storms out.

Other than that, nothing exciting happens. My only really interesting hand was a fold. I was in middle position with the short stack. Host in early position raises. He will occasional get out of line, but it's rare. Str8>Flush re-raises all-in (he has me covered). I'm not worried about his hand. He will push with anything. I look down at JJ. Normally, insta-call in this spot. I'm a little worried about Host. I figure his range has hands that have me beat and some that I have beat and crushed, plus the 2 races. Ultimately I figure I'm about 50-50 with his range. I think, because I was short, and this is a league about points, I was looking for a reason to fold. I finally, reluctantly fold. Drunky comes over the top. Host says he was just kiddin' with his A9 and folds. Str8>Flush shows A9, Drunky shows AQ. Shoulda called. I had to avoid 3 Qs and an Ace. Even worse, the final board was 25522 for a chopped pot. Dang, would have tripled up. In the end I busted in the middle to add some points. Maintaining my position in first.

To Be Continued...

0 comments: