Simply A Donk... But A Lucky One.

Once again I donked off all my FTP cash and most of my Titan. I was down to my last $3, which I need most of that to play my next heads up match. Well, I jumped into a SnG with 5 MSR board bangers, and got unlucky, not bad beats, just whenever I caught a hand, someone would catch a slightly better one (K8 vs K9, AT vs AJ, etc.). Combine that with the fact that I was playing MLB 2005 and the game was cheating (throwing to First base when no one was there! JERK!), I was tilting. So I say screw it, take my last 2.30, which is what it will cost to play my heads up matches, and jump into a .02/.04 cash game. Either losing it or doubling up.

So I do play conservative, waiting for hand. Get pockets 9s on the button. UTG limps in, so does a few other folks, I raise to a frightening $0.16! I know crazy. The Blinds fold and UTG re-raises All-in (he has me covered). Everyone else folds.
OK, side note. I wasn't really paying attention. I was more focused on the SnG I just got knocked out of, so all of a sudden the table I'm at is flashing, so I pop over, and see a raise and just call. Didn't even check the size of the raise. In that split second I knew I was doomed. Raise like that screams aces or kings. Well Titan doesn't show usually show you the hands at an all-in until AFTER the hand is over (big complaint). But my worry about losing my final 2 bucks ended on the flop.... X - 9 - 9. Quad NINES! Sweet. My opponent had KK. And I doubled up.

That pulled me off my tilt and I played smarter. I got it up to 8 bucks last night when I won a 6 person Turbo SnG. Winning hand was another suck out. I had Q3, my opponent just checked. FLOP comes 7-5-Q (rainbow). I bet, he just calls. TURN: 4 (made 2 to a flush on the board). This time I figure I want to put him to the test, and push all-in (we're about even in chips, I have a slight lead). This time Titan shows the hands before the rest of the cards, and he has AA. OUCH! But the river quickly comes the beautiful 3. Ahhh, two pair.

0 comments: