The League: Week 3

I came into the game, ready to play. I was over the miscounting of chips issue, and made a few jokes about it. I was also a bit more comfortable with these folks, so I was able joke a bit with them. They are definitely a bunch of ex-frat boys. Many of them show up a bit drunk and continue to get drunker... works nicely for the few of us that are sober.

...more...


The game started, and we had an elimination pretty quickly. I can't remember the hand, but it was maybe 10 minutes in. Blinds went up and the timer started. The next few people were out. I was beginning to get the feel of a table, even though i still don't know a few of their names (I need to work on that). I finally got hands early and was able to get some chips. I hit some big hands. I tried to a lot of slow playing, but people weren't falling for it. I think next week I'll play faster with my big hands, just to change things up.

There was an incident with the 2nd bust out (which was maybe 8 hands in), where the chip leader went all in, one player folded, and another called. The chip leader won the hand and knocked out another player. The guy you folded, got up to use the bathroom, and his chips got swept into the pot. We realized that before the next hand luckily and when he came back down we were able to figure out how much he had and fixed the stats. If it would have been later, we would have had a problem. Luckily we resolved it.

I was starting to get low in chips when I limped with JT, the guy who won last week (who REALLY doesn't know how to play, except for his aggressive nature) raised me all in. He had me covered, I thought about it and figuring there was a slight chance I was ahead (but also figured I needed to gamble at some point), I decided to call. He flipped over K7 or something similar. I caught a ten on the flop and took a big double up. Now a little more about him... he thinks soooooted is the nuts. At one point, he has a lot of chips, and raises from middle position. One of the blinds, pushes all in. He's short but it's still a significant raise. Sooootedboy thinks and think and think... and calls... Flips of J4 of clubs. His opponent had AK and doubled up. Soooootedboy would later cripple the same guy when he called another all-in. His opponent shows AJ but Sooootedboy shows QQ.

We get to three handed, with Me, Soooootedboy (just like last week) and a bald dude (bald dude jumped out to an early massive stack, busting the 1st 3 people). I have a slight lead. I went card dead and kept giving Sooooted boy my small blind. I just didn't want to play a hand with 75 or 97 or j5. So I willingly gave up my SB to his BB. I managed to steal some blinds, usually if I was on the button when I put in big raises, but I usually had a hand there. Finally, I'm given Ac2c in the small blind. I'm hoping the button folds, which he does, and I push. Now, any decent player would realize, I folded my SB to this guy about 6 or 7 times. Suddenly I'm pushing. I might have something. He does think about it for a while, finally he calls, figuring he has to "be in it to win it." He flips over Jc5c. He is horrified to see that I have his club flush blocked. Like that's his only problem. I know a J or a 5 is coming. that's just how he rolls. I figured my eyes were broken when for some strange reason they start seeing an Ace on the board. I manage to bust him and get to heads up with a massive chip lead.

The money is put on the table and they pull aside 2nd places $20.00. I comment about how 2nd place money is an insult. That it would be much better if it was even $40 to second place and $140 to first. $40 would give 2nd place a freeroll into the following week (more or less). But that's the way they do it, I was just making commentary. I joke about watching me lose this chip lead and only get that 2nd place money.

First hand of heads up, I'm the button... AA. Nice. I limp, hoping my opponent would push all in. He's got a really short stack. He just checks and I see a flop I'm not all that happy about. 78J rainbow. He things for a few seconds, then pushes, and I think about it for a second, but figure this is still a good shot to try to win this outright. A double up would still leave me with a pretty big chip lead. I call and flip up my Aces. He flips over a respectable T7. He's got 2 7's 3 Ts and 4 8s. None of those come on the turn or the river, and I take first place. I'm glad 2nd place only gets $20.

Week 3: 9 points, $160.00 Cash Total points: 17.

That total points puts me in 4th place. Soootedboy has 19 points for 2nd place. I'm going to try to hold on to the cash as it will serve me for another 8 buy-ins. 1 more win and I'll be "freerolling" the actual tournament buy-ins. I'll still have my end of the season prize pools though.

Total Tournament Buy-ins: $360 (Mine will be $340 since I missed week one). Total Prize Pool extra: $90.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: