The Hunger

Well I'm back.


I got about $50.00 from rakeback. Thank you Slappy. So I decided to play again. I mostly stick around the .25/.50 game, buying in for $25. I also play in SnGs, $6.00+.50 (turbo's, heads up, 6 handed and 9 handed), with the occasional $11+1(turbo) if I'm winning. I started off not being able to cash in any SnGs, but then went on a mini rushed and cashed in a bunch in a row including a win or two.

I tried one big jump... I took the profit from a successful cash game session and bought into a 4 person HU shootout for 20+1.50. I was WAY out matched. I used to be a decent heads up player. Not so much.

First match I'm playing weak tight. Folding a ton, no continuation bets. My opponent suddenly got really aggressive. I get tired of his raises and called one with 62 off. The flop comes Q65. He bets, and I decide to take a stand. I push (he has small chip lead). He happily calls and shows AQ. I river a 2 and cripple him. Next hand I have AA and I'm on to my 2nd match. I have a while to wait, as these two play for a while. Finally it ends. Apparently there was some jawing back and forth. The less angry person won. Isn't that usually they way?

My opponent once again, outplayed me. I just didn't have the aggression. Even though this was all profit for me, I was still playing scared. In the end, I can't fault my play too bad. Maybe I can. I have T8 on a board of 9TJ. I bet, she raises, and I push. I figured middle pair and an OESD is pretty good. Again, I was pushing back because of her previous aggression. She has, other than QK, she has pretty much the worst hand I could face. J8. I'm basically hoping for 10 cards. And 8 of them give me a chop. Nothing comes, and I'm out.

I'm once again enjoying poker and want to see if this can last. I currently have my account at around 100. It's been up to 125 and down to around 50 recently, but I manage to pull it back up when I suffer losses.

I'm also showing more aggression and getting an idea of when some folks are weak and when they're not. I've noticed myself making a few more re-pops when I think people are weak and being right.

I will probably have more posts soon (not that I think I have any readers anymore). I've playing more online and I've just joined a 16 week poker league. More on that later.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

1 comments:

1Queens Up1 6/25/2008 11:57 AM

I've been checking everyday waiting for that one day youd be back into poker.

Welcome back holmes, plan our next trip to F-woods kthx.