2008 WSOP Prop Bet

Well the WSOP is here and I've been following it... somewhat closely. Mostly that involves checking Dr. Pauly's Blog and reviewing winners on Wikipedia's 2008 WSOP Results site.

With that, I totally forgot the 50K H.O.R.S.E. Event was starting today. I've quickly put together a couple of prop bets.

First, one with Slappy. Last Longer. Three pros each. We flipped a coin and he won. Here are the results
1) Barry Greenstein (Slappy)- this was going to be my first pick.
2) Phil Ivey (Unimpressed)- almost a no brainer
3) Patrik Antonius (Unimpressed
4) Andy Bloch (Slappy)- He was also on my shortlist.
5) Freddy Deeb (Slappy)- Last year's champion, I just don't think he'll repeat.
6) David Singer (Unimpressed)- Final tabled this event every time it's been held (twice), and won his first bracelet this year. I think he might potentially win it all.

Second bet is the same basic format. But there are alternates, in case any of our picks don't make it (unlikely since our main picks are almost definitely playing in it). This one is with Jordan from HighOnPoker. Jordan and I had two WSOP prop bet last year. Pick'em Horserace (bracelet and final tables), which I won. Thank you Phil Helmuth. And the # of entrants into the Main Event, which he won (I picked way too high). I netted a big $1.00 total, which, since we don't live near each other, and FTP has a $5.00 minimum transfer, wasn't worth taking the time to transfer and called it a wash. Here's the picks so far:

1) Patrik Antonius (HoP)
2) Greenstein (Unimpressed)
3) Ivey (Unimpressed)
4) Bloch (HoP)
5) Lindgren (HoP)
6) David Benyamine (Unimpressed)
7) David Singer (Unimpressed- alternate).
*edit*
8) Gus Hansen (HoP- alternate)
9) Allen Cunningham (HoP- alternate)
10) Doyle Brunson (Unimpressed- alternate).

Obviously I hope Ivey wins the entire thing. Or Benyamine. I probably should have put more thought into my picks to even them out. Can't really root for Greenstein because then Slappy wins won. OR Antonius, then Jordan wins won. Oh well. We'll see how this goes.

If I had to choose either Greenstein or Antonius winning, I'm not sure who I'd pick. The bet with Jordan is a little more than the bet with Slappy, but Slappy money is the best kind of money!

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

4 comments:

1Queens Up1 6/25/2008 3:01 PM

you coulda upped our bet more, you picked $10, what you think I dont have a nice paying job or something????? ;)

1Queens Up1 6/25/2008 8:59 PM

You'll be happy to know antonius didnt participate in the 50k horse tourney. he is ill.

Joe (aka Unimpressed) 6/25/2008 9:09 PM

I just texted you to see if I can swap him out with Doyle.

Good thing I have alternates with HoP. He'll have Gus Hansen in.

Jordan 6/26/2008 9:44 AM

For the record, I never felt comfortable about not paying off last year's bet, even if it was only for $1. So, we'll incorporate it into this bet and I'll reduce the amount you owe me by $1...cause you know I'm winning.