Week 1: vs. the Pats.

I'm going to start off by saying that I don't hate Brady.  I think he may be the best QB to ever play the game.  He just has such control of his offense.  When you watch him, you have to be in awe... even if they're playing your team.  Anytime you're watching him can be a historical game. 
 
OK... enough of that.  He's a jerk and I hate him!
 
This game left me with mixed emotions concerning the Dolphins.  First, kudos to Chad Henne.  I hope last night stops the complaining.  He showed he can lead this team.  He was far from perfect, having a handful of overthrows, but showed that he can throw and they don't need to run all the time.  I also have to tip my cap to Sparano for changing his mentality from run to throw.  The fact that they had no big back to run in from inside the 5 yard line killed them.  Could have added 2 touchdowns in there.  The Dolphins always had a defense, they just didn't show any offense.  It looks like that has changed.
 
Speaking of the defense... I'm REALLY hoping this game was indicative of the Patriots offense and NOT the Dolphins defense.  They were just MANHANDLED!  Brady had them sucking wind the entire game and they could not stop them at all.  I love Cameron Wake and was glad to see him get to Brady, but Solder owned Wake all night long.
 
All-in-all, this game has given me some hope for the Dolphins.  I'd be surprised if they could win the AFC East, barring any injury to Brady (or other key Patriots players), but if they can focus on their defense, and get their bigger backs healthier (can they beg Polite to come back?), I think the Dolphins have the opportunity to snag a Wild Card spot.
 


---------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

============================================================================================

0 comments: