Are You Ready For Some Footbaaaaaaaaalllllll!

As I'm not playing as much poker recently, I'm going to start sprinkling the blog with football tidbits.
 
Some of you may know, I'm a Dolphin fan.  I have been for a long time.  I have Dan Marino to thank (or blame) for that.  When I first started to get into football, I had no loyalties and wanted to find a team to follow.  I didn't want to be the typical New Yorker and pick the Giants, Bills or Jets, but still felt I needed a reason for my loyalties.  I was born in Miami and figured that's a good place to start.  I watched Marino play and was hooked.  Now mind you, at this time, I was probably 10 or 11.  I've been a fan ever since.  I'm not a "die-hard" fan, but I am a loyal fan.  I've liked other teams in the past (Cowboys, Rams, Cardinals), but always the Dolphins first (notice those are NFC teams).  I start each season with hope, but I'm realistic.  And I can't find the ability to root for any AFC East team, except the Bills (my wife's favorite team) last few seasons but only because they've been at the bottom for some time and not a threat (looks like that may be changing).  If they are competitive, I won't be able to root for them at all.  Super Bowl XLII, I was such Giants fan.  I always like to see the Pats lose, but had the added factor of keeping the 72 Dolphins with the only perfect season.
 
Anyway, all that is just pre-amble to say I'm a Dolphins fan and why I have this affliction.  I don't have Direct TV, so I can't watch every Dolphins game.  There will be at least 4 televised Dolphins games.  Two Monday Night Footballs games (Patriots, Jets), they play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, and then their 2nd Patriots game.  There are a few other potential games that will be aired: Week 7 vs. Broncos (but will probably be the Jets game) and Week 8 vs. Giants. 
 
I'll try to post my thoughts on the game the next day.  I know... you're holding your breathe.
 


---------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

============================================================================================

0 comments: