“This time, let go your conscious self and act on instinct.”

I just started a new blog. You know, because this blog couldn’t handle the influx of readers. It’s is located at http://daddy-nopoker.blogspot.com/. As the title states, it’s going to contain non poker content.

I played in the Mookie last week. It was the first Mookie of BBT2. Apparently, Full Tilt forgot to turn on the random card generator. I was dealt QQ about 5 times within 25 hands, and I got paid on 4 out of 5 of them. I also got dealt KK.
....more...

I raised and one of the blinds just called.

Flop came A-6-x. Figures. The Blind bets out, but it’s a small amount. I’m thinking a weak ace, maybe a lower pair. I call.

Turn is an X. Blind checks. This is where I made a mistake. This check is a big sign that he’s weak. He probably has a weak ace. I should be able to push him off of this hand. I check.

The river is another blank. All lower cards. The Blind then puts out another small bet. This is another chance to take the pot away with a raise. Again I fail to trust my instincts and I just call. I expect him to flip over Ax. Instead I’m VERY lucky and get to split a pot when he shows KK.

I really need to work on my end game. I spent a large part of the first two hours on the top 10, but fell apart in 24th place (18 spots paid).

The big hand that finished me off was another example of not trusting my instincts. I’m in middle position. Kashei (Karol, from I Had Outs). She is one of the few bloggers I’ve actually played live poker with. I’ve also read the blog daily (or when they feel like posting). So I have an idea of how she plays.

Kashei raises from early position. I have her covered… barely. I look down at 88. My first reaction is muck. But apparently FTP finally turned on the RNG and I’m finally getting normal cards. I haven’t had any decent hands in a while. I have about 10x the BB (plus there are antes). I can’t just call off half my stack and fold, so I need fold now or push. I start to think. Well she COULD have AK/AQ/AJ. Maybe even a lower pair. I convince myself, it’s a race, and I’ll take it. I push. The Button has a little bit less than I do, and calls. Uh-oh. Kashei calls time and goes into the tank. Finally she folds. I flip my 88, and Button flips his TT. Flop is J high. Kashei is livid, saying she threw away JJ.

I’m crippled and push my remaining chips (80 more than the BB of 800 or something). I couldn’t convince the BB to fold his 99 for 80 more into a 3000 pot. I GUESS he had pot odds to call. Donkey.

Now my play was bad. I knew Kashei would NOT raise ½ her stack from early position with AJ or AQ; maybe AK and any pair higher than mine.

I have to say though, in that position, with half her stack in the pot, she had to call with the Jacks. Only 3 hands have you beat. With two short stacks pushing/calling, they could have each other’s outs. Her fold didn’t help much as she was the next to bust out.

It was nice to see her and Dawn in the Blogger events. I hope to be able to play with them some more. But first I need to build a bankroll.

*Insert Witty Closing Phrase Here*

0 comments: