Will Work For 67 Cents an Hour

Last night, while playing my new game, Mass Effect (fun game by the way), I decided to play the Railbirds.com Stud freeroll as well as the nightly Razz freeroll on FTP. After about 30 minutes in the Stud tournament I wanted to focus on Mass Effect so I pushed with VERY marginal hands. The Razz freeroll started up and I barely paid attention only playing 3 to an 8. At about the 2nd break I started to focus on the tournament and turned off the Xbox.

The Razz tournament runs with 2400 people, but only 27 people cash. (27-10 gets $2), 1st gets $15. When there was 33 people left, I was chip leader (6k/12k/1k ante) with 231k. I held the chip lead for a while until around the bubble and from that point on I was pretty much in the top half of the field.
...more...

When we made the final table I was 3rd in chips with 575k. Blinds: 20k/40k, 3k ante. The 8th player goes out. And I don’t know what comes over me. Despite it being an almost full table, I treat it like we’re short handed and don’t believe anyone. In the span of two hands, I donk off all of my chips thinking: 1) Oh that complete with a 2, I’m sure he’s got high cards in the hole. 2) Hey that Ace on 4th street MUST have paired him. 3) As did his 4 on fifth street. I’m sure my T7 is good. The guys shows a 65. I’m still in OK shape (since this is Razz, and you don’t have to get involved except ante’s and bring in) with about 250k. But the very next hand, against the same guy, I do it again, but this time against 2 different big stacks. I just didn’t believe them. And I’m out in 7th place. Part of it, I’m sure was the fact that the tournament started as 9:40p est. It was 3:30am. AND I had to get up in 2 ½ hours for work.

So there you have it folks. 6 hours of play for $4.00. Not too shabby, eh?

Now I can play 3 $1+.25 SnGs... I'm RICH!

0 comments: