Maverick

I’m a movie junkie. Or at least I used to be. My wife and I used to go to the movies all the time. Now, with a daughter, not so much. Though, we do get to see plenty of Disney/Pixar and Dreamworks movies. Which is really fine with us, as we would have seen them even if we didn’t have a daughter.
...more...

The point is, if there’s a movie I’ve seen a bunch of times I can just LISTEN to it. So at work, sometimes, instead of listening to my Ipod, I’ll pop a DVD into my laptop and minimize the screen and just listen.

Now, I can’t do this with ANY movie, it’s got to be something I liked and have seen numerous times. Shawshank Redemption, any Star Wars (primarily the original trilogy), Monty Python and the Holy Grail (which I actually have the full audio track in MP3 format on my Ipod), Let It Ride, Rounders… Yesterday, it was Maverick. Another rarely talked about, Poker movie. Granted it was Draw but still a decent flick. Had some funny moments. And even the crazy last hand, Quads vs. Straight Flush vs. Royal Flush was “believable” since the game was rigged. But apparently rigged poorly, since Maverick was able to make his Royal, but as he put it, it was “magic.” Though, I’m not sure why he called off the rest of his stack after drawing to at best a flush, when he knew the hand was rigged. He should have just folded and then played the next hand and watched more closely. Oh well. It’s only a movie.

0 comments: