A Good Night At the.. FREE Tables.

Long post with some pictures.

I played some of FTP's 50ftp Sat to $750k satellite. Only the top first place (54 entrants) advances into next week's 2500ftp satellite into the 750K event on Sunday.

...more...

I went pretty deep. As in all the way. Here is the final hand.



Basically, I have 62k to his 18k. Blinds are 1k/2k.
I limped, he checked and we saw that flop.
We both checked the flop.
He bets the pot (4k). I figure him trying to just take it and call planning on taking it on the river. I hit my gin card on the river. He pretty much pushes all in and I take it down.



Then, I tried another one and lost. I only had 5oftp points left so I decided to try again. Figure if I get two, I'd get 2500 in points. I was decently stacked around 4000 w/ blinds @ 40/80, when these 3 hands came up in a row.



I had the guy covered, so I only lost about 1k.
Next Hand:



Again, had the guy covered, so I wasn't out (at least this was a race).

Then, the very next hand I'm dealt AA. How to play it... Let's make it look like I'm tilting. I have 2500 left. I push it all in the middle. Did my ruse work?



I'd say so. Got my stack up to 7500.

Then three hands later, I get AJ in the small blind. It folds around to me and I raise it to 300. One3ballin re-raises to 755. I think he's on a resteal in the blind vs blind. He started with only 6k. So I make a STUPID play. I push all-in. I want this now. He insta-calls with TT. Yikes. I stepped in it.



I hit my river (granted it was a 50-50 the entire time, but I could have been in huge trouble. AJ is not the nuts). The guy goes NUTS. Hates me, hates my play, hopes I finish 2nd... (since only first place gets anything). I tell him I don't care since I'm already in the satellite. He leaves.

I take the chip lead and never look back. Here's the final table.



Nice chip lead... eh?
A few hands later, 2 people are gone. Check this out now!



60k with 2nd place having 7k. WOO HOO!

Then... I'm committed to a lot of pots and I get a lot of dominated hands. A8 vs AT, AT vs AJ. Things like that. I give a bunch of courtesy double ups. I miss a lot of races. Blinds are HIGH.

I do make it to heads up with a chiplead of 47k to 33k.
Blinds are 1500/3000.
He raises to 6000
I have A6, I call.
Flop is T9T.
We get it all in, he has J8, but turns a Q.

From there it all goes down hill and ... as one3ballin predicted, I finished in 2nd for nothing. OH well. It was a fun ride! And I'm hoping to finish, next Saturday night, in the top 108 out of a max 5000. That will get me into next Sunday's 750k and it will be my first big Sunday event.

Wish me luck!

0 comments: