Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’

I just wanted to give a … um… shout out (how 90’s is that?) to some sites I read on a regular basis.

First, I’m going to cover some poker content.
I do a lot of browsing at work and like many work sites, they’ve blocked gambling sites. Even the news ones (they’ll allow me to go to Wicked Chops, but I can’t check out Poker News… morons). So when I’m looking to get info on the people at certain final tables and who placed where, I’m check out Wikipedia’s 2007 WSOP results.

The next four links are going are poker and non-poker in content… though at the moment, most of the focus is either on Vegas or WSOP.

Dr. Pauly (Paul McGuire), is a “famous” blogger (famous, as in Poker bloggers know who he is). Well I guess he was (or is), but he’s a writer first and foremost. He even publishes on online magazine, Truckin’. He posts his short stories and gets contributions from other writers. If I had readers, I might get lambasted for this next note. For my tastes, he’s kind of hit and miss. I’m often torn… his writing is fantastic and captures my interests, however, sometimes his topic isn’t … again… to my tastes. Now, that’s not to take anything away from his writing, it’s just sometimes, not for me… which, again, I’m not his target audience. With that being said… Right now there isn’t a blog entry I look forward to more, (closely tied with I Had Outs) than his daily accounts of the WSOP at the Tao of Poker. This is great story telling and great writing, all rolled into a subject that suits my taste. I can’t always sit at work and read them, so each day I’ll print it out and take it to the can for my daily er… constitution. He often talks about a Las Vegas book he is planning on writing, and let me tell you, I’ll be buying that the moment it comes out.

I’d also like to recognize his Las Vegas blog. Good information on the “goings on” in Sin City.

OK, I covered the “poker” content. Now for a couple of blogs that have absolutely nothing to do with poker. These I read somewhat regularly.

A Day in the Life of Ambulance Driver- He has been published.
Indexed- Logical ‘cartoons’ on index cards. A book is due out February 08.
Post Secret- “PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.” Three books have been published.

1 comments:

Joe (aka Unimpressed) 6/12/2007 7:22 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.