Mr. 80%

OK, I’m in… again. Another affiliate deposit, but only $20. But, I’m off to an OK start. Basically turned that $20 into $32. Not as good as it sounds as it included getting VERY lucky on two key hands.
...more...

I was playing in a micro cash game (.05/.10 full ring). I bought in for a mere 4, lost it and re-bought. The big stack at the table was pushing a lot and he had over $20 (max buy-in is $10). I got tired of him pushing. I don’t remember the hand, but the flop came Face-6-2. I had a 6. The big stack raised, I pushed in my remaining chips, he calls. He paired the face card. I rivered a 6. Now despite what J-Goat says, I don’t feel excited when I suckout like that. I feel like a donkey. Though that’s probably the case. I think in TripJax’s theory, I’m the 80%. I felt like I got a stay of execution, so I tightened up my play a little bit, and managed to turn my $10.50 total buy-in into $20; partly thanks to flopping Quad 4s, and “slow” (checked flop, small bet on the turn) playing them until the guy hit his straight on the river and I got his chips.

Unfortunately, at the same time I was donking it up in SnGs (2.25 turbos and one 6.50 turbo, plus $1.25 90 DS). In the end I was down to about $12. Then I bought into a 4-handed heads up shoot out for $5.40. I’ll admit my HU game isn’t what it used to be. But I played my first match well and managed to win that one. In the second match, I once again got super lucky. I was down about 3-2 in chips. When I raised on the button with A2s. My opponent raised and I called. Flop came Ace high. I bet out he raised and I pushed. I felt he was trying to see where I was if he had a pocket pair. He called. I was wrong. He had AQ. Turn was a 2 and I had a big suckout, again feeling like such a donkey. It tilted him a bit. The next hand he pushes, I call with AQ. He had J8. He didn’t hit and I pocketed $20.

Then this morning, I sat down at a .05/.10 short handed table. And felt I played well (then again, I DID hit a set of jacks twice), and managed to double my buy-in. So a night I wasn’t really all that proud with. I really need to refocus my game. Part of the problem playing micro limits, is I ALWAYS feel someone is making a move. That makes it difficult for me to get away from middle pairs sometimes. I’m learning that sometimes, if you KNOW your judgment can’t always be trusted, let weaker hands go. I have to get that just because these are the micro limits, not everyone is bluffing.

0 comments: