Running Bad

By "running" I mean "playing" and by Bad I mean "I'm a fucking donkey."

I killed my bankroll.... well not killed, exactly… severely injured is more accurate. It was in critical condition, but a organ donation has kept it from dying.

I had it up to a comfortable $400. Then from bad plays and trading real life cash for transfers, it fell to $150. I was able to bring it back up to $300 (plus I had $75 & $26 tokens). Finally, on Monday I sat down to play at the MATH and my bankroll was a measly $87. I did have a $26 token which I used to play in the MATH. I didn’t cash (finished 20 out of about 50). I felt I played well except once, which actually crippled me. I was in the top 3 of chips for quite some time. But at the time of my collapse, I was a little above average. I’m doing this from memory so the amounts will be off, but the estimation will be close. I wish I could remember the blinds. (maybe I’ll post this and check it out at home and edit it).

** you know what, I need the hand history for blinds and sizes of bets I’ll edit this in later tonight while I’m playing in the Ante Up AIPS Razz event ***

During the MATH tournament I bought into 2 .10/.25 NLHE short handed tables. Max is $25, but I bought in for $10 each. Table A and Table B we’ll call them.

Lose my buy in on a completely donkey play on table A.
I had A6 - flop T6T – a bet and a call (I believe) – K – I push, he calls with QT. River is his 4th T. This is a HUGE hole in my game. A paired flop shows up, and I show aggression, thinking the with only 2 of that pair left, it’s unlikely someone has it and I lose some cash on it. I have to fix that.

Rebuy for $10.

Lose my buy-in at Table B after doubling up early.

J9 flopped st8 (QT8). Opponent bet $2 , I raised $7.25. call J, he bets 18, I push for 22, he calls- he has AK for better st8 (and gets flush on river).

Rebuy for $10

I lose my 2nd buy-in on Table A. I rebuy for $10, knowing I’m tiling a bit.

I finally get start playing a little better and manage to get lucky at the right time. I’ve put in a total buy-in of $50 and have about 10 at both tables still. I manage to work Table B up to $50, which brings me back to even in the cash games. The table changes a bit, new blood and I leave that table as not to squander my evenness.

Table A remains and I find a super duper calling station. I manage to get table A up to $25 and that’s all profit.

I ended the night with a total bankroll of about $105. But the organ donation I was talking about earlier was my PPA bonus that I cleared. It basically doubled my bankroll. Now if only I can keep from donking it all off again.

I’m off to a bad start as I donked of $12 this morning at a .10/.25 NLHE short handed table.

0 comments: