A MTT WIN

OK, so there were only 19 people. It started of Shorthanded, but I knocked someone out relatively quickly with AK vs AQ. AK held up.

One key hand, I thought I played good, but apparently not (judging by the polls).

6 people left and top 4 pay.
100/200 Blinds
Seat 2: some player (10,192)
Seat 4: some player (2,085)
Seat 5: SB (7,870)
Seat 6: BB (1,010)
Seat 7: Unimpressed (3,755)
Seat 8: UTG+2 (3,588)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [7c 8c]
Unimpressed calls 200
UTG+1 calls 200
some player folds
some player folds
SB calls 100
BB raises to 1,010, and is all in
------------

Ultimately I didn't want to give the BB a walk. No one showed any strength so I figured a call might be good (since the BB could push with any hand at that point). Plus if the UTG+1 or the SB pushed, I could fold and still have enough chips to survive. The money was right (call 810 to win 1600) and with him possibly having anything, I figured at worst I was a 3:2 dog, which heads up is the right pot odds. Apparently with 2 people left to act, I should have folded or maybe pushed to isolate.

Well I just called. The other two folded. BB actually had a hand, but not a pair. He flips over AK which was pretty much what I figured (though was really hoping for a bluff, but figured it wasn't likely). The flop pretty much sealed the deal with 7-7-x. The turn was a blank which did seal the deal. The BB was NOT happy with my call. Oh well.

I made a few donk calls after that and was short stacked, but two timely sets allowed me to double up. The heads up match was again the SB in that hand and I started with a big chip lead. He get some back then lose it. Then get some back, then lose it. Until finally we got all the money in with AJ vs KQ and my AJ held up.

So while it was really like a 18 handed SnG, it was technically a MTT, we even got to the antes. So technically it was my first MTT win.

And a DIET update: I've lost 17 lbs so far this year. Weight Watchers works!

0 comments: